What does Solo content look like?

Hi there,

I am overall a solo player when it comes to MMO's, I love dungeons and raids but I would also really like to grind mobs and be able to do a lot of solo activities if possible.

I simply don't like to be forced to need other players all the time.

How would a solo experience look like when it comes to content in AoC?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    AoC places importance on what strengths people bring to the table.

Mmos arent rly designed so that a content that requires the teamwork of a number of players can also be conquered by 1 sole player.

Many mmos out there have a story that a player explores with optional group dungeon runs and optional battlefields. This wont be as prominent in AoC, since they put emphasis on an open world adventure, in which the collective decisions of players influence the world.

If you stubornly refuse to accept players invitation to gather raw materials so that you yourself let's say as a crafter can turn into items, I dont see you making a lot of money, since one person cant be 100% self sufficient.

If you refuse to join other players in deeper areas of the word you will stop getting good xp at a good pace.

If you refuse to fight for other players, nobody will fight for you and your vested interests.
  • GrimzarGrimzar Member
    edited July 2020
    well Steven partially replay to your question in streamer interview
    here's a link for you with time stamp (30m18s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45n4CTfqlU&t=30m18s

EDIT:
    summarize, it will be probably impossible to completely solo in this game, since game emphasize players symbiosis of some sort. But Steven says that even if you don't have guild, game puts you in local/citizen groups that encourage you to take part in some "group" activities.

to be hones I don't have guild or group either so I am a little worried about solo experience. I rly hope that their business model won't make AoC heaven for toxic community, since there is low entry point (no box price)
  • I don't mind group content, I like to do dungeons and dynamic events with a group, but I do want to be able to do stuff solo when I want, not when it comes to group-focussed content but content that is designed not only for a group but also to be enjoyed as solo content, like grinding mobs.

All I am asking, is if there will be any solo content like grinding mobs or whatever, beside the mostly group focussed content.
  • George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2020
    I guess you will be able to solo until lv 35 of so, max lv being 50. Maybe even you can grind very slowly all the way to 50, but nowhere as fast as people that take on harder mobs in groups.
  • DarqwatchDarqwatch Member
    edited July 2020
    Grimzar wrote: »
    well Steven partially replay to your question in streamer interview
    here's a link for you with time stamp (30m18s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45n4CTfqlU&t=30m18s

Thank you for this!

Edit: basicly what I get from this is that you will ease into group content so it'll be fine, but I guess there really won't be any real solo content unfortunately for people like me.