Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Dev Tracker & Discord Bot

TakynTakyn Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited July 2020 in Community Creations
I just launched a dev tracker for the forums, twitter and reddit:

https://ashesfans.com/devtracker

Ed7KuNCWoAQKUZd?format=png&name=4096x4096

You can filter out replies or search for specific keywords. I've tried to import as much historical data as possible from all sources.

Please let me know if I'm missing any devs or if you'd like to see any other sources added, just ping me here or on Discord: Takyn#0001

The site itself will still get a facelift when I find some more time, and I might change the layout of the dev tracker to make things easier to see at a glance.

Edit: You can now also get the discord bot that will announce any new dev posts directly on your server!

Comments

• SapiorSapior Member
    Looks awesome, thanks! I really like that you can filter sources out. I think I saw this yesterday somewhere else as well. Might have been on Discord.

The only two thing I'd suggest you to revise:
    1. The background image:
      Currently, the images are too bright and it clashes with the legibility and it might irritate the eyes of some people. On a side note, you can't really use product logos as graphical elements unless you have the permission to do so. See Picture 1.
    2. The text alignment on the cards:
      I'd advise you to use a left-side alignment for the card titles instead of the center one. The reader's eyes will have less places to jump around. I'd also suggest moving the date and the author to the bottom of the card. See Picture 2.

aB4QfZY.gif
    Picture 1. Default vs Suggested

VKDGT5T.png
    Picture 2. Suggested alignment
  • TakynTakyn Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Sapior wrote: »
    Looks awesome, thanks! I really like that you can filter sources out. I think I saw this yesterday somewhere else as well. Might have been on Discord.

The only two thing I'd suggest you to revise:

Thanks a lot for the feedback, super helpful!

The background image is actually a placeholder while I'm getting a proper design done (hopefully by next weekend). I tried to get things online and in front of people as soon as it was working. :)

Good point on the text alignment, I'll try to fix some of it soon.

• TakynTakyn Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    There is now a Discord bot that you can invite to your own server in order to get dev posts there. You can toggle most sources and whether or not to show replies.

Ashes Discord Bot
  • SapiorSapior Member
    Good job. Happy to see you working on it!

I also implemented at least a few of your suggestions ;) I'll get to the filters eventually, too.
  • SapiorSapior Member
    Takyn wrote: »

I also implemented at least a few of your suggestions ;) I'll get to the filters eventually, too.

Yeah, I saw that! Awesome :) Keep us updated
    The Discord bot can now filter out forum posts and replies (see http://ashesfans.com/discord). I also want to make individual forum categories filterable but haven't gotten to it yet.