Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

AFK kick on launch

mofedaymofeday Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Hello, guys.

So i watched your last stream "AMA" on 25.07.20 .
And one of the qestions was about problem with population of the server on the start.

So i wanted to share with you my experience with launch of Archeage on Russia.
I was just one of the player that wanted to play Archeage on some server. So they start it the afternoon. And start only 3 -5 servers if i remeber correct. So in few hours all servers was already full. And it was evening people start comming from work many new players and all servers already full. So the start another server and another and another. And it was about 9 servers if i remeber correct in the end.

So for first two weeks all server was full, some with queue some without or small one.
And after 1 month from the start they implement afk kick to the server. And what we saw after that only first server has queue and not so big as it was. Other servers was realy bad some was fine, but more when 3-4 servers was already half empty in prime time.

So after some time they merged them but becouse of house and staff this was realy painfull for people to go on new server, becouse they don't have scarecrow in right places.

So what i'm asking make afk kick before launch please. And make some defence from macro. Becouse without it, it will be same like in Archage.
And to be clear Archage localization made "Mail", we have same localizator for Ashes of creation. Please control them becouse they are bad(Only in my opinion, but in RU we always say that all localizators are bad). They was scared , they started so many serves becouse of it. They could just start 6 servers and wait a bit.

Comments

• Options
    NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I believe this was addressed to some extent in the latest AMA with Steven - youtu.be/JBCY-A-GUqI. He stated that they are planning to introduce a system pre-launch where you can reserve your spot on a server (if I am not mistaken). Although I think this was intended to mitigate the issue of guilds not being able to play on the same server, I also think this will address the issue in your post to some extent. Steven has mentioned in earlier live-streams that they want to limit the whole "merging servers post-launch" issue as much as possible, so at least we know they are thinking about this long before launch.

I do definitely remember the absolute mess that came when AA launched, I was one of those people who logged on later in the day - sorry, TRIED to log on. Though it's worth mentioning that this is not an easy issue to solve, but we at least know that Steven is already thinking about how to make launch as smooth as possible.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Afking in ff14 is huge. You see the same people in the exact same location for hours upon hours and days upon days. There are people essentially become sideshows as they are there 24/7
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There are games that don’t kick AFK players?! I thought that was a given. (I haven’t played FF14 though.) Every MMO I remember playing for many years now (PC and console) log you out if you are AFK too long. It’s the norm and I think it would be unusual for AoC not to include it. (Really, why wouldn’t you include it? Who needs dead weight on a server?!)

Hhak63P.png