Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ideas for governments within a guild

LawmageLawmage Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
I'm deciding to make a guild early stages for this. But I have ideas where I'm going to have the mayor and officers be a part of a council that makes all the decisions for the town. Just think about politics in US, senate, the supreme court per se, where it is 9 members who decide over rulings. However I'll do these 5,7, or 9 members based on how big the guild/city gets. These odd members will vote on whether to build blacksmith in so and so plot or tavern or alchemy building. Also vote on wars and other means that the game will offer. The mayor will obviously plug in the results but we will have it where you need a majority vote to go ahead with so and so idea. 3/5, 4/7, or 5/9th minimum to approve the vote. Now we would have a way to vote people into the council. Maybe do a popular vote or something for people in the community. One downfall is obviously the mayor isn't just the guild leader, so whoever wins mayor hopefully is a part of the original guild and uses this system. (It could have people who buy votes or other things to add some controversy) It feels like a role playing idea of current government systems in today's world.

Comments

• Options
    all guilds that control a lvl 4+ node will essentially be working as a gov. If you are worried about your guild not getting mayor just try to unite all of the guilds and citizens in the node into one alliance so you can act as a city-state instead of letting in-node politics ruin you
  • Options
    all guilds that control a lvl 4+ node will essentially be working as a gov. If you are worried about your guild not getting mayor just try to unite all of the guilds and citizens in the node into one alliance so you can act as a city-state instead of letting in-node politics ruin you

Hmm could have people from multile guilds become a council member to give input if its controlled correctly.
  • Options

That is if the person that is mayor decides to control the node for the purposes of the guild. Otherwise, you are technically correct. Inviting all citizens of a node to become members of a guild alliance is a smart idea, although i'm not sure how well that would work.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Would that not be up to the guild itself?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

This is all in guild stuff of my own doing. Not a recommendation for the games own government system.

Just trying to get an idea of role playing a democracy government or something in this game.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Playforher wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

This is all in guild stuff of my own doing. Not a recommendation for the games own government system.

Just trying to get an idea of role playing a democracy government or something in this game.

I see. well it would be interesting to see a guild with true democracy
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace