Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Military Node Election

90c54d0c9d57da1ea2368cec5de5e1a6.png

Will this be a battle royale game mode with all potential mayors in one arena? Will it be smaller groups of them fighting a battle royale with also a bracket system? Or will it be a bracket system but only 1v1s all the way?

I am a huge proponent for a 1v1 bracket system all the way because it is way more indicative of skill than a battle royale since in battle royales have other factors involved like getting double teamed or someone camping until the end

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    It's a battle royale with champions.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    A military node in my vision is a dectatorship obtained by force, it has no "rules" applied to it, therfor it is more accurate to have a "battle royale" theme fighting, or as it should be called "Last Man Standing" as it is way more fitting to the situation.
    While 1v1's would represent the skill of each individual more accurately, the current option is just more fitting the node style.
  • Options
    wArchAngelwArchAngel Member
    edited July 2020
    However the thing i would add, is an option for the mayor of a military node to host 1v1 tournaments starting from a certain stage in his node for his amusement(and ofc the crowd), that will be funded through the node treasury, and might generate some revenue through participants fee and observers bets or such.
    The stage limitation is just so the event would stay somewhat unique, and not be spammed in half of the world in random t3 villages with no population.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    giphy.gif
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    wArchAngel wrote: »
    A military node in my vision is a dectatorship obtained by force, it has no "rules" applied to it, therfor it is more accurate to have a "battle royale" theme fighting, or as it should be called "Last Man Standing" as it is way more fitting to the situation.
    While 1v1's would represent the skill of each individual more accurately, the current option is just more fitting the node style.

I disagree, every other node has a mayor that "deserved" to be mayor. Either by voting or doing those religion quests. Even in early human "governments" the strongest warrior was the leader.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack

Last Man Standing FFA is the most recent info we have for this - which means that if you have a large group of people wanting a specific person to be mayor, you should be able to fight together to that end.

In terms of a dictatorship - not really. The key thing here is people are free to leave a node and join another one as they see fit - thus if the population of a military node don't like the leadership, they can leave. This drop in players will see the node delevel due to atrophy, which will likely see even more players leave.

Basically, it doesn't matter what the node type is, leaders of nodes need to keep the citizens of their node somewhat happy.
  • Options
    noaani wrote: »

Last Man Standing FFA is the most recent info we have for this - which means that if you have a large group of people wanting a specific person to be mayor, you should be able to fight together to that end.

In terms of a dictatorship - not really. The key thing here is people are free to leave a node and join another one as they see fit - thus if the population of a military node don't like the leadership, they can leave. This drop in players will see the node delevel due to atrophy, which will likely see even more players leave.

Basically, it doesn't matter what the node type is, leaders of nodes need to keep the citizens of their node somewhat happy.

That is true, and nothing stops a dictator from being a good leader in his node. The dictatorship is the closest i could come up with while trying to visualize the node system for my self, a person of power, either through level, gear, or connections(lets be real, any pvp system can be rigged), taking the leading position through the use of force.
    And from leaders perspective i would assume that a last man standing format would indicate a better person for a military node than a 1v1 competition, that can simply go down to a counterclass setup where a person which has no real intentions or perks to take the lead over a military node will simply outclass his opponent due to being a better 1v1 class.
    But thats just my subjective vision of the node, and it is how i imagine it to work.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    giphy.gif
    Indeed, and it should be sponsored by Brawndo.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    I am curious how guilds will affect the Mayoral Elections for Military Nodes. If it's a true FFA, I'd imagine a guild that wants control over a node would get a large group and all put their name in as a candidate for Mayor. Then they would all team up in the FFA to secure their victory.

Maybe this might be mitigated by requiring your champion for the Military Node to be at a high ranking compared to the other citizens of the node.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2020
    21quentin wrote: »
    I am curious how guilds will affect the Mayoral Elections for Military Nodes. If it's a true FFA, I'd imagine a guild that wants control over a node would get a large group and all put their name in as a candidate for Mayor. Then they would all team up in the FFA to secure their victory.

Maybe this might be mitigated by requiring your champion for the Military Node to be at a high ranking compared to the other citizens of the node.

They could, but the question then becomes - why does a guild want control of a node?

Guilds gain nothing, and the decisions made in running the node still need to be what is best for the node, not just the guild.

If guilds want ownership of something, the game has castles for that.

A guild that goes for node "ownership" instead of castle ownership will be mocked.
  • Options
    Intrepid mentioned that they might be making the gladiators a different character in the game that you have to train. If they did this guilds wouldn't be able to funnel resources into a single player. This would also help balance it and make it possible for a non hardcore raider to compete.

Only citizens of the node, which there are a limited spot for, would be able to do the quests to train their gladiator.