Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Accessibility: What Physical Challenges do you have that Game Design can Alleviate?

As Steven mentioned in his recent AMA, MMO players tend to be older, and with age comes arthritis, sight problems, past accidents and more that present challenges when trying to play games. Plus there are many very disabled people who use gaming as an outlet. I've seen the Input Settings screen shots and it's a good start.

Common needs for people are: high contrast, UI scaling, various colorblind modes or (better) the ability to specific important colors for mechanics, moving items around the screen individually for players with eyesight issues; subtitles and direction of attack indicators for deaf players; and limited numbers of concurrent controls and chorded keybinds for people using non-KBM input devices.

What specific concerns do you as a player have about being able to play the game? And if any devs are reading, how important is being accessible to the overarching design of the game?

For myself, I can't use a mouse; I do everything with keyboard and foot pedals and a thumbwheel. One potential deal-breaking concern is the camera mechanic that you have to hold a button to move the camera. Unless there's an option to use an alternate scheme, that means I have to give up an entire dedicated control, probably a foot and single foot pedal, in order to do one VERY frequent thing. With a free camera, I can use that foot as part of a chorded control or mouseclick. If the numbers of controls I need goes too high, the game is unplayable for me.