Killing NPCs

Will you be able to attack npcs like guards etc. I know if you’re corrupt guards will attack you if you enter their area but can a non combatant or combatant player kill npcs? Will it only be certain ones?

Comments

• I hope we will be able to kill the Gatekeepers like in Lineage2 :smile:
  • killing of guards i will say no. But more interactions other than questing and fighting will be appreciated
    Sign up using my referral link! https://ashesofcreation.com/r/UIT3DTKQYRXWQJXR

South East Asia/Oceania server discord: https://discord.gg/J4Epj77

• I was wondering about this too. If they can be killed by other players, then it would seem only fair they would also be able to defend the node they are assigned to in a siege. It would add an interesting aspect to a corrupted trying to get into a town.
    Vivere vici cogita mori
    WJDDO5S.gif
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hopefully yes.
  • WMC51WMC51 Member
    Make guards Killable but scale in power with the node plus instant bounty put on you and they call for backup. Killing too many spawns some event where they call for aid.
  • Combative NPC's perhaps, seems odd if you couldn't defend yourself when attempting to enter a town while corrupted and they attack you. Any NPC's though? Seems extreme.
    E8OOol.gif
  • SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I once told a new player I got Epics from NPC Guards. He stood and killed NPC Guards for two hours then learnt the ruse lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • During interviews Steven mentioned that if you siege Nodes or castles or participate in monster coin events NPC could be "temporarily disabled" which could mean an arrow to the knee, but could mean being eaten by zombies.

I imagine you could totally kill NPCs of node you are at war with, but that probably also means guards will be generally stronger than us.
  • I can't wait until people kill all the quest NPCs in the starting area to grief new players.. /s :)
  • AstrobinaryAstrobinary Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Maybe you'll be able to kill guards but not main NPCs that have quests or shops.