I just had a question about crafting in the game.

Will there be blacksmithing in the game as in player can craft equipment/weapons with resources. If so will crafting equipment via blacksmithing be able to compare to equipment that is acquired from drops from dungeons. will I be able to craft Legendary gear with Legendary resources and so on. There are multiple games that make crafting equipment professions useless later in the game I'm wondering if you can scale weapons made by players.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• UlfUlf Member
    I like this question, It was being discussed in a reddit a few days ago.

Maybe the crafter should be able to augment items ? or enchant, w/e. To make them usefull late game
    I'd say quality of life augments, like life regen/leech, that sort of stuff. Because if they affect the damage or some other important basic stat, then everyone will have a crafter alt... not cool for the main ones.

Have a great day !

Ulf
    FOeRqtf.jpg
  • mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    Crafting Wiki

Yes, crafters can craft gear on par with raid gear by using resources acquired from those raids.

In the past, it was explained that crafters will have different dials that allow them to control the stats on gear. Not sure what has changed on this system recently but the goal always sounded like to allow crafters to make the most optimal gear.
  • XraelXrael Member
    Luke321 wrote: »
    Will there be blacksmithing in the game as in player can craft equipment/weapons with resources. If so will crafting equipment via blacksmithing be able to compare to equipment that is acquired from drops from dungeons. will I be able to craft Legendary gear with Legendary resources and so on. There are multiple games that make crafting equipment professions useless later in the game I'm wondering if you can scale weapons made by players.

Thank you for your time.

Yes. Crafters will be able to craft Legendary gear on par with the highest tier gear from raid content.

I don't think you will be able to do this as a blacksmith though. There are Armor smiths and Weapon smiths in this game, so you will have to learn one of those professions if you want to craft gear. Blacksmiths will most likely craft tools for other professions.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As said, check the wiki: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Crafting

@StevenSharif has said that some of the most powerful equipment will be crafted.