Any news on when the full combat system is going to start being implemented?

SythrioxSythriox Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
The combat system is the biggest aspect that I'm worried about, personally. Most games have a combat system that is implemented much more fully at this point in development, assuming a release is something like 2 years out. I would even be willing to purchase one of the early supporter packs, if I knew when it was going to be implemented. There's no point for me to play the alphas, if the combat system isn't implemented, however.

So, is the implementation on the roadmap yet, or is it more waiting in the dark?

Comments

• mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I agree combat is very important, possibly the most important aspect of the game. They have an idea for what they want for combat but i'm not sure if they know exactly how they want to get there. We will start testing an early iteration of the combat system in alpha 1 in the coming months. I don't think we have seen a strict roadmap for it and it's probably because their plan is to use feedback from alpha1 to shape it into its final form.

I'd just keep an eye out. At some point, you should be able to see content from alpha 1 and see if the combat is something you like.
  • XraelXrael Member
    edited July 2020
    Sythriox wrote: »
    The combat system is the biggest aspect that I'm worried about, personally. Most games have a combat system that is implemented much more fully at this point in development, assuming a release is something like 2 years out. I would even be willing to purchase one of the early supporter packs, if I knew when it was going to be implemented. There's no point for me to play the alphas, if the combat system isn't implemented, however.

So, is the implementation on the roadmap yet, or is it more waiting in the dark?

A basic version of the hybrid combat system will be available for alpha 1, which will be reiterated upon until its fully fledged out, most likely by beta 1 or 2.

If you want an idea of the action combat style of the hybrid combat, check out the combat in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse. Keep in mind, this is 100% action combat and thus is not wholly representative of the hybrid system that will be there in the MMO.
  • I think most people struggle to even picture what a hybrid style system looks like.