Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

non-static dungeons

I hope dungeons aren't static

I know they will changes when influenced but imagine the nodes aren't changed for a long while.

I hate static dungeons where you're always farming the exact things with the exact same mobs in the exact same place every time. Just changing those things can make running the same dungeon feel less like farming. If I remember correctly EQ LDON had somewhat random dungeons or a lease x number of versions.

Would love to see dungeons that have small differences each time.

let's say every dungeon has a few different sets of pathing mobs, a couple different group layouts, and a couple different bosses you can randomly rotate through to make it not the same every time.

Comments

• Options
    BardticBardtic Member, Alpha One
    @WMC51 Watch the AMA, Steven talks about how rogues can find hidden doors and traps. These will change every day or a couple times a day. Sounds like they already have plans to have at least some non-static parts of dungeons.
    XWeKqaZ.png
  • Options
    Reign118 wrote: »
    @WMC51 Watch the AMA, Steven talks about how rogues can find hidden doors and traps. These will change every day or a couple times a day. Sounds like they already have plans to have at least some non-static parts of dungeons.

yeah but I wonder if they will patch in changes after a bit when everyone knows all the spots just to change it up from time to time.
  • Options
    WMC51WMC51 Member
    The rogue thing doesn't really make anything about the dungeon random, it just adds a little side bit from what I understand. Plus it's related to time of day so you can chart it based on when you go in.
  • Options
    Dungeons will mostly be open world, which may cause a few issues if you want them to be dynamic to an extent where they change either under certain circumstances or just change out of the blue (like a living maze that shifts walls etc).

If players are inside the dungeon and have made progress, what happens to them? Does that progress get reset? Do they get teleported out?

There are a lot of questions that arrise from the suggestion. It's a cool idea, although i'm not sure how well and safe it can be implemented without screwing people over in one way or another.
  • Options
    WMC51WMC51 Member
    yeah the progressing into a dungeon adds another level.of complications. I do like the idea of working deeper and deeper in a dungeon just not how repetitive they can become.

But every MMO has been like that so I guess we're stuck with it.

Them being more about getting components than item drops at least makes it so you don't have to run over and over till x sword drops.
  • Options
    WMC51 wrote: »
    yeah the progressing into a dungeon adds another level.of complications. I do like the idea of working deeper and deeper in a dungeon just not how repetitive they can become.

But every MMO has been like that so I guess we're stuck with it.

Them being more about getting components than item drops at least makes it so you don't have to run over and over till x sword drops.

Dungeons won't only drop resources and recipes for items. They will drop items as well. The quotes we have on materials and full items have been strictly towards very rare/legendary level items that are very hard to obtain. That doesn't mean a dungeon won't drop lower tiers of items. It hasn't been mentioned explicitely at the very least.

If dungeons are just group resource farming spots that would be really stupid.