Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cosmetic Package Swap?

DAKKADAKKA Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Hello, I was wondering if we'll be able to swap out the cosmetics for a different package in the future? I do want to get into the game as soon as possible, so I bought the big package with all the cosmetics in one but apparently there were different sets before? I just got into Ashes recently, so I didn't do any research prior and I didn't think much about my decision, just assumed this was the gate in and bought the key. I see cosmetics as a way to show off your taste and style, so swampiness doesn't suit me at all, so I'd really appreciate something more dwarf/frost themed!

Oh, and to clarify: I don't regret my decision and I am not currently thinking about a refund, just want something more my style.

Thank you, and please have a good day. :)

Comments

• Options
    BardticBardtic Member, Alpha One
    My understanding is that you will be able to buy the cosmetic packages for upcoming changes. I believe they are set at 25 dollars each, so if one speaks to you grab it.
    All previous packages are no longer available. They are a reward for those who have been supporting longer.
    XWeKqaZ.png
  • Options
    SickBubblegumSickBubblegum Member
    edited July 2020
    I am in the same boat as you @Dakka, I just missed out on the last bundle pack which I would have been thrilled to purchase however this particular theme does not appeal to me personally.

I absolutely love the idea and theme however its just not for me. I am debating if I should hold out until Oct (hopefully a dark themed skin will emerge) or if I should purchase the top tier of this skin and go from there.

@Reogm118 I have been trying to look for more info on this but cannot find anything addressing how much extra you will need to pay to receive ALL the skins (if we were to have already owned the top tier pre-order pack) and how many more pre-order packs there will be.

Would love for a Dev to clear this one up!
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    You get the cosmetics that come with your pack. Unfortunately, you will no be able to switch them as you please when something more appealing shows up.

However, the pack you purchased does allow for you to individually purchase items of the attiquate tier to your package.

This means that if you purchased a pack that has the accessory and pet in it, you will be able to individually purchase that cosmetic type onwards, without having to buy an entire package.
  • Options
    No you won't be able to swap, people would be pretty sour if everyone was rocking their outfit they jumped in early on.

I missed out on the raptor mount before I knew about AoC. But luckily last years elven pack made up for it.
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited October 2020
    You can't swap out but you can now buy the individual cosmetics so if a pack comes out with a cosmetic you like, you can just buy that cosmetic instead of needing the whole pack to get that cosmetic.
  • Options
    GodgearGodgear Member, Intrepid Pack
    What about embers. Can we use embers for monthly cosmetics
  • Options
    TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    These are the prices.
    W38BWH6.png
    Godgear wrote: »
    What about embers. Can we use embers for monthly cosmetics

No.
    nI17Ea4.png
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited October 2020
    @Talents You seem to have different items to mine. Mine are all witchy spooky ones at the moment.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Behague wrote: »
    I missed out on the raptor mount before I knew about AoC.

There. Was. A. Raptor. Mount?!

I'm going to be disappointed with any of mine, now. I hope you realise what you've just done to me......

:(
  • Options
    MaezrielMaezriel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @daveywavey it's just a screenshot of a previous month's cosmetics. Only the witch ones are available at the moment.
    ZeFuP1X.png
    If I said something that you disagree w/ feel free to say so here.
  • Options
    daveywaveydaveywavey Member
    edited October 2020
    Ah right, ok. I'd have totally gone for that Freehold Altar. Shame.