Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Support Class Tellsword

JaneJane Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Information about the classes are yet to be released, I however would love to give my take or rather my idea on a support class I personally would find awesome.

The class I had in mind took inspiration from a Chinese anime called "The King's Avatar" which is basically an anime about a video game. The sub class is a support class with buffs for allies and debuffs for enemies in a circle perimeter.
I refer to them as Ghostblades since that's the name they got in the anime. What they'd essentially do is cast a magic circle on a location, increasing physical or magical damage, cast speed, the amount of heal taken, heal over time, resistances etc or on another note cast debuffs on the enemy like increased cold damage, slower attack or cast speed (those could be separate to give more variety), Damage over time effects and others.

I believe a class like that would be a bard as their main archetype and a fighter as their secondary. Since they are mainly buff support which basically is the definition of a bard but they can also do dmg which is the why they would be fighters too. In my mind they wield a two handed sword with magic affinities and cloth armor.

Please let me know what you think about it and if you have anything to add to the class. I appreciate and would love to read your ideas.
~ I AM NOT YOUR CAT! >:c

Comments

• Options
    That sounds like a bard to me :-)
  • Options
    JaneJane Member
    phdmonster wrote: »
    That sounds like a bard to me :-)

It sure does :D just a much much cooler one imo
  • Options
    Weeell, you won't know that it's cooler until we see what bards can do in addition to the augment system.
  • Options
    JaneJane Member
    phdmonster wrote: »
    Weeell, you won't know that it's cooler until we see what bards can do in addition to the augment system.

That's true but like the idea of a bard like that is cooler in my mind. One that's not so dependent on music to have a strong buff/debuff support