Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Beautiful clothes / vanity gear

Aisa AaxAisa Aax Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Hello! I'm very excited about this game.
One of the things I like the most in MMORPG and other online games - is dressing up my character and making them look good. To that end, I am often disappointed by games focusing only on gear that makes sense in a battle scenario. Chainmails, plate, weathered leather gear, mage robes, etc. And then they completely forget casual clothes.

One of my favorite games in that regard is FFXIV. You can get anything there - from combat armor to parade uniforms, from traveller's cloaks to beautiful dresses, tuxedo suits and arcane gear with shiny floating crystals. You get casual-looking shorts, skirts and pants too. You have anime-like over-the-top gear with belts and buckles.
For those who like them, you get bikini suits and sexy-dancer attire.

The game doesn't shy away from "bikini-chainmail" while also providing classy and battle-weathered looks too.

I really enjoy that aspect. I hope that Ashes does the same.
I really hope that you can work with Asian and Western clothes designers to create a diverse set of outfits and clothes.

This is a casual concern, but it really elevates games for me if I can wear brooding warlock outfit with sculls and spikes one day, and then switch it up to pink mini-skirt and top when I feel like it.

Also I always wanted a game with more vanity slots - like underwear, stockings, hair clips/bows, bracelets, etc.

Lastly, I enjoy options to hide gear. I sometimes enjoy going bare-feet and in only small bra +pants or skirt as part of barbarian-ish roleplay. I really hope that's possible.

Cheers!

p.s. It seems a lot of people get confused about Bikinis. I am NOT suggesting to definitely have those in the game. I was merely listing the breadth of options in FFXIV. Now, personally I wouldn't mind bikinis (I wouldn't wear them, but having an option is better in my book). But The point is to make more casual and non-battle vanity gear like dresses, shirts, pants, skirts, etc. Not necessary to go all the way to Korean-style MMO with panties everywhere (Although personally I would love them).

Comments

• Options
    Aisa AaxAisa Aax Member
    edited July 2020
    There's nothing wrong with sexualizing anything or anyone.

This pointless virue-signalling serves nothing but making games more boring.
    Taking offense at things like that FOR other people is pretty lame, you know. I dress up however I want and want my character to be dressed up however I chose. Thank you very much.

The fact that I can't and don't prance around in the real world in bikini or a sexy anime suit has NOTHING to do with how I should be able to dress up in the game. It has nothing to do with the real world.

I find that people nowadays are super-eager to tell others what they should be finding offensive.
  • Options
    Aisa AaxAisa Aax Member
    edited July 2020
    No racism. No s*xism. No offensive/dirty jokes. Sorry if I went off-topic.

I do agree with this. However wearing beautiful and sometimes revealing or sexy clothes is NOT sexism.

It is merely self-expression. Why is it bad to want to look attractive?!

Next you will complain that beautiful female faces and slim body types is also sexism.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020
    Wow had a nude patch for like 10 years AoC Conan release as rated R with nudity. The world did not end. Now do we want that for this game ...probably not but I see nothing wrong with a cosmetics store having cosmetics that people actually want to buy. Because if a cosmetics store doesn’t sell enough we all know what usually ends up in the store as a last ditch effort and none of us want that. So as long as the store is pg-13 I am ok with whatever they want to put in there as long as it’s just cosmetic
  • Options
    XraelXrael Member
    edited July 2020
    The game is going for a more medievalist feel. I don't want their to be anime costumes, as this completely goes against the theme of the game.

So i disagree with you, I want this game to have a more WoW kind of gear/costume style, more than a FF14 style.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    The game is going for a more medievalist feel. I don't want their to be anime costumes, as this completely goes against the theme of the game.

So i disagree with you, I want this game to have a more WoW kind of gear/costume style, more than a FF14 style.

Wow is probably the number 1 source of bikini armor 100s of sets like that lol it also gave us night elf mail box dancing
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Aisa Aax wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with sexualizing anything or anyone.

This pointless virue-signalling serves nothing but making games more boring.
    Taking offense at things like that FOR other people is pretty lame, you know. I dress up however I want and want my character to be dressed up however I chose. Thank you very much.

The fact that I can't and don't prance around in the real world in bikini or a sexy anime suit has NOTHING to do with how I should be able to dress up in the game. It has nothing to do with the real world.

I find that people nowadays are super-eager to tell others what they should be finding offensive.

I disagree in that regard. I think in order for the game world to feel more immersive, a sense of realism needs to apply at least when talking about battle gear. Having a tank run around in a bikini does not make sense if their role is to soak damage. Your abdomen would just get shredded open if you wore a bikini into battle.

In terms of sexualizing anything or anyone, there are definitely things that come to mind which would be super innapropriate to sexualize.

The developers have already stated that the gear will take a more realistic approach in that sense and that there will no be cosmetic car skins or elaborate costumes that do not fit into the theme of the world. To each their own in regards to what they prefer for cosmetics, but I am quite happy with this decision.

There will however be plenty of cosmetics to dress your character in and the game will have a similar costume/transmog system as that of WoW and BDO where you can apply a cosmetics appearance to your gear
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I am all for nude bodies everyone should just be bones
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    One of the things I like the most in MMORPG and other online games - is dressing up my character and making them look good. To that end, I am often disappointed by games focusing only on gear that makes sense in a battle scenario. Chainmails, plate, weathered leather gear, mage robes, etc. And then they completely forget casual clothes.

One of my favorite games in that regard is FFXIV. You can get anything there - from combat armor to parade uniforms, from traveller's cloaks to beautiful dresses, tuxedo suits and arcane gear with shiny floating crystals. You get casual-looking shorts, skirts and pants too. You have anime-like over-the-top gear with belts and buckles.

The game doesn't shy away from "bikini-chainmail" while also providing classy and battle-weathered looks too.

I really hope that you can work with Asian and Western clothes designers to create a diverse set of outfits and clothes.

This is a casual concern, but it really elevates games for me if I can wear brooding warlock outfit with sculls and spikes one day, and then switch it up to pink mini-skirt and top when I feel like it.

Also I always wanted a game with more vanity slots - like underwear, stockings, hair clips/bows, bracelets, etc.

Lastly, I enjoy options to hide gear. I sometimes enjoy going bare-feet and in only small bra +pants or skirt as part of barbarian-ish roleplay. I really hope that's possible.

Cheers!

I think they can come up with good looking non combat clothes without going full BDO. I don't mind attractive clothing but I don't think thongs really fit.
  • Options
    HBtHskd.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options

Cheers!

I think they can come up with good looking non combat clothes without going full BDO. I don't mind attractive clothing but I don't think thongs really fit.

The only released raid boss completion to date has someone in their underwear lol
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    HBtHskd.jpg

Not enough skin showing...
  • Options
    XraelXrael Member
    edited July 2020
    Aardvark wrote: »

Wow is probably the number 1 source of bikini armor 100s of sets like that lol it also gave us night elf mail box dancing

Yea but bikini armor is different from just simply wearing a bikini. I don't want to see a female character in a bikini, with rabbit ears on her head, running around in a medieval themed mmo.
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Dressing up like an animal has been part of some cultures for 1000+ years. I would be suprised if it never happened in midevil times but likely was a bear or wolf or some other apex preditor they were dressing up as but probably didn't wear a bikini as part of it. Look at all the mythology of half animal half human...to think noone ever dressed up like that doesn't seem resonable. Weather they wanted to pretend or trick someone or put on a play I am pretty sure it happened.
    As for combat and competition that had little or no clothes the origional olympics were nude competitions so a bikini would actually cover more. Just saying should not bring history or realism in on this as it's not on your side
  • Options
    XraelXrael Member
    edited July 2020
    Aardvark wrote: »

Dressing up like an animal has been part of some cultures for 1000+ years. I would be suprised if it never happened in midevil times but likely was a bear or wolf or some other apex preditor they were dressing up as but probably didn't wear a bikini as part of it. Look at all the mythology of half animal half human...to think noone ever dressed up like that doesn't seem resonable. Weather they wanted to pretend or trick someone or put on a play I am pretty sure it happened.
    As for combat and competition that had little or no clothes the origional olympics were nude competitions so a bikini would actually cover more. Just saying should not bring history or realism in on this as it's not on your side

Cmon man. Furry naked females/males DID NOT exist in medieval times. They would have been executed.
  • Options
    Nelirya wrote: »
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    bikini or a sexy anime
    Says a lot about you. Get out of here. We don't accept degeneracy.
    Not even cute? or feminine anime style? Unbelievable...

Just stop with this crap. Just like yourself other people are allowed their own opinions. You are no more valuable to this community than they are.

As a response to the OP, I am a bit in the middle regarding this topic. Although I 100% that I would like to see more feminine, even tight-fitting styles of clothing that compliment the figure, I'm not so keen on full on bikinis etc. However, this is MY opinion and I completely respect OP's opinion on the matter.

I don't want to make my post too long, but these are the styles I really like and hope to see similar styles in Ashes:

Robe:
    ce65f9b6b1e0ce63a197b42c.jpg

Another robe:
    4a4a3d94ab1b70b348e79276e66a6722.jpg

Plate:
    a8d77d3c499dc5c9ce0d283b842aaf9c.jpg

Lineage 2 robe <3:
    20140714214613-ssssssssssssss.jpg

Would love to see what other people like too :smile:

I think the pictures you provided would look great in Ashes!
  • Options
    NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    @Nelirya
    OP is asking for "small bra" "underwear" "bikini" "s*xy suit", basically wants all-out.
    The genre is ruined by this kind of players. Thinking MMOs are "waifu simulators".

Also, with realistic graphics, stuff like that would mostly make people aroused, shy or guilty. What do you want to accomplish from that? Not everyone wants to see idiots running around naked in a battle. Keep it for your eyes.

Once again; YOUR (and most likely other's also) opinion, however, this does not in any way shape or form justify you telling them to leave, or stop expressing their own opinions. They still have as much right being here as me, you and all other community members. Stop being toxic just because their opinions do not match yours.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    785780f85800db2ee967fc08b4377a38.jpg

6067f3ebcb0034557ef668ff9e6073e6.jpg

86cfbdd7d4d7ee42e5863a7de16c458b.jpg

22fcc8bc109b64bd8166e2eaa3e03b00.jpg

a4219eb06f2bc1fd2c18a8d10aa97e98.jpg

3dfb49e2b8fd0a907d53fad00eb17c5f.jpg

@Amist

Some of the female concepts I would use for a Female Tank (Often use Female Toons). I enjoy the process of finding goodies for my toons, not a massive fan of Bikini Armour but I do love Form Fitting Armour.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Just wanted to pop in again and say that these concept arts is partially what I'm talking about. They're all good, even the skeleton one. I'd wear that, if I'm in that mood. =)
  • Options
    Neurath wrote: »
    785780f85800db2ee967fc08b4377a38.jpg

6067f3ebcb0034557ef668ff9e6073e6.jpg

86cfbdd7d4d7ee42e5863a7de16c458b.jpg

22fcc8bc109b64bd8166e2eaa3e03b00.jpg

a4219eb06f2bc1fd2c18a8d10aa97e98.jpg

3dfb49e2b8fd0a907d53fad00eb17c5f.jpg

@Amist

Some of the female concepts I would use for a Female Tank (Often use Female Toons). I enjoy the process of finding goodies for my toons, not a massive fan of Bikini Armour but I do love Form Fitting Armour.

These all look really nice and I do think there also seems to be some functionality to them! I'm personally looking forward to playing a female tank, so I'm always on the lookout for new ideas on how to style my character :)
  • Options
    XraelXrael Member
    edited July 2020
    Just wanted to pop in again and say that these concept arts is partially what I'm talking about. They're all good, even the skeleton one. I'd wear that, if I'm in that mood. =)

All these concept arts are great. If the female characters had bikini type armor that would be great too.

Its just that I don't want there to be full on "waifu" costumes or furry costumes, in a medieval themed mmo like ashes.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    ab51c401e8086b7f7fe950a6bc050063.jpg
    f020ddb8b6f55c6f836bbce7bc66727c.jpg
    efbd9297a7da6c7d7d8dca0d6b28d85e.png
    386bf337d97c65d528084b0f0543bb57.png
    tumblr_ny1gvdr6uS1sazby5o1_500.jpg
    d7cf67f26bf13397e652b5a475d4aefa.png
    29ab656b3fb05d0bfbd0f19d92fa85de.jpg
    bkqtxc6b98p41.jpg
    5c01a4859e52d03e6e2776521779dc8a.jpg

These are all some of my favorite concept/art pieces that I've been able to find online. I love looking bulky as a tank but specifically playing female, I enjoy there sometimes being a feminine element to the armor.
  • Options
    And if you want dark armour here you go

1AyVRL3.jpg
    zE3p2K3.jpg
    PjBoSQI.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    ruMynxruMynx Member
    I, too, am strongly in favour of feminine attire. I am not into skulls and bones and if that is what I have to look at while playing the game, I will get disenchanted with it. I wouldn't go so far as bikinis for fighting. If I want to play an all powerful sorceress though, I am darned sure going to pick my tailor to my liking. If all I get is drab dude robes...that implies to me that I don't have a choice. Do you want the platform to be female player friendly? (I assume so - rhetorical). There are many ways to make APPEALING feminine attire without losing the medieval theme. Don't box us into male armour skins.

Female players vary so much on what they want in armour. I believe in giving choice to the individual. I, personally, will own any male objectivity that result from my choices.

If I wanted to look like a dude, I would play a dude.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    elven-queen-leather-armour-green--mw-104338-1.jpg

4ab5c25cd2144aa3af18eb2046a28f55.jpg

372b84025179ae0a5234736dfda27b37.png

Because I'll most likely be a Py-Rai Female Bard, I would love Leather Armour to also be Form Fitting Armour and not just scantily clad. It is difficult to find Female Leather Armour which isn't scantily clad. In my brief search I could only find the three images above. I have confidence in the Ashes Team though and hope there will be a massive variety. Can't wait to transmog and find 'Vanity Armour' to use in transmog.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    JamationJamation Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    There's been a couple threads about this topic already and I usually pop in to say: I don't mind if they go strictly realistic, but I also wouldn't mind if they added in "pleasant to look at" armor/clothes so long as it's added for male and female characters. It's always annoying when a game's design is clearly visually skewed for one...well two I guess...purposes.
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Fashion is definitely something I am looking forward to a lot, but it has to be in line with what the races/cultures wear. Throwing in Japanese looking armor/clothing when it is out of place will just look weird. As for bikini armors and the like well can't say it matters much to me, I'd totally roll one for my character if it fits. Any kind of desert clothing would work well in that regard I suppose.
  • Options
    I found some more:

2f5af48a5b5200a8376c484d9cb066ad.jpg
    fd32faee5e8e1791acdcd7125e6621d9.png
    7a65d59a63e2183b410ea206e8613ded.png?width=460&height=677
  • Options
    ruMynx wrote: »
    I, too, am strongly in favour of feminine attire. I am not into skulls and bones and if that is what I have to look at while playing the game, I will get disenchanted with it. I wouldn't go so far as bikinis for fighting. If I want to play an all powerful sorceress though, I am darned sure going to pick my tailor to my liking. If all I get is drab dude robes...that implies to me that I don't have a choice. Do you want the platform to be female player friendly? (I assume so - rhetorical). There are many ways to make APPEALING feminine attire without losing the medieval theme. Don't box us into male armour skins.

Female players vary so much on what they want in armour. I believe in giving choice to the individual. I, personally, will own any male objectivity that result from my choices.

If I wanted to look like a dude, I would play a dude.

And what is wrong with bones?
    nJ0vUSm.gif