Pre-Order Packs

Hello, i would like to know why the Pre-Order Packs doesn't give you access to the headstart? they still value a good amount of money and the game its still going to alpha one, they still should give access to the headstart!

Best Regards,
Skullsheron

Comments

• AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020
    Hello, i would like to know why the Pre-Order Packs doesn't give you access to the headstart? they still value a good amount of money and the game its still going to alpha one, they still should give access to the headstart!

Best Regards,
    Skullsheron

Because headstart was sold as a Kickstarter exlusive back when almost noone even knew there was a KS for it. And they also said back then it would never be sold again...yes this is a major mess they have made as headstart is a huge advantage. But they seem to know they made a mess as they are now saying they will limit what you can do in those 2 days and that it will be only for 3 of the servers. So they seem to be trying to do damage control as best as they can. The locked out headstart was almost a deal breaker for me, but I am ok with just starting on a server that has 0 headstarters allowed. I would add I have 5 friends I am trying to get to play this and 2 of them said no when they realised the headstart issue. Not exactly making it easy to get friends to pledge.
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Aardvark wrote: »
    But they seem to know they made a mess as they are now saying they will limit what you can do in those 2 days and that it will be only for 3 of the servers.
    To be fair, they have always said this - it isn't new.

This was the case on the first day I looked in to this game - back in 2017.
    noaani wrote: »
    But they seem to know they made a mess as they are now saying they will limit what you can do in those 2 days and that it will be only for 3 of the servers.

Maybe I wasn't here in 2017 so I can't confirm or deny
    edited July 2020

Maybe I wasn't here in 2017 so I can't confirm or deny

Well, just because you only just realized, doesn't mean Intrepid are doing damage control or anything. I mean, I know I specifically told you this was the case in the thread where you first found out about the head start.

Misrepresenting facts isn't ideal.
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Why do people assume that headstart is a huge advantage? Yes, we get to explore. Whoopie. We cannot level the nodes, so therefore we cannot get any type of advanced skills.
    Not to mention that you don't have to join a headstart server. There will only be a few of them.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Head_start
    Why do people assume that headstart is a huge advantage? Yes, we get to explore. Whoopie. We cannot level the nodes, so therefore we cannot get any type of advanced skills.
    Not to mention that you don't have to join a headstart server. There will only be a few of them.

I know, right?

If I had access to it, I'd probably consider it a waste of time, to be honest.
    edited July 2020

Maybe because in every game I have played the last 25 year it was a huge advantage and was also the main bait to get people to buy a preorder pack instead of waiting for launch day to decide in most of the games. Now yes there are some limitations apparently on the one in the game which might make it less important

Maybe because in every game I have played the last 25 year it was a huge advantage and was also the main bait to get people to buy a preorder pack instead of waiting for launch day to decide

So, to be clear, you aren't upset that headstart exists, you are upset that you can't get it.
    edited July 2020

Maybe because in every game I have played the last 25 year it was a huge advantage and was also the main bait to get people to buy a preorder pack instead of waiting for launch day to decide

So, to be clear, you aren't upset that headstart exists, you are upset that you can't get it.

No I am upset because normally people have right up until final beta to get headstart if they feel it’s important. This game locked it out before 99 percent of its eventual players even knew the game existed. If you are going to sell an advantage as big as headstart it should be available to be purchased by those wanting to relevel the playing field and not be starting behind. I would prefer no headstart for anyone. But making for only people who knew about the game 2 years before alpha lol. And that is how p2w works you don’t need it unless others have it. Like do I need a 300 slot bag? Not unless others do but if they do to have a fair chance in the economy yes then I would need one too
  • Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So don't join a headstart server. Now you are starting the exact same time as everyone else. No advantage.
    So don't join a headstart server. Now you are starting the exact same time as everyone else. No advantage.
    I said that was what I was doing in my 1st post but someone keeps quoting me trying to turn the thread into an argument
    If you are going to sell an advantage as big as headstart
    But they didn't, and you know this.

In "most games" the head start is access to the full game, several days early.

That was never what Ashes head start was. It was access to a very small portion of the game early, but almost nothing at all that involved progression.

It is probably best described as an exploritory head start - but that exploration won't even tell players what type of node they are standing in (you don't know that until it levels up to level 1, and that won't happen until the full release).

There will be no sign of who had this head start and who didn't within 2 days of launch.