Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Pre Order Packs?

I saw a post about this earlier but didn't quite understand it so I wanted to just lay it out. does the skins in the pre order packs change each month, or will they stay the same until launch? I have heavily considered buying the game but if the skins change monthly I'll wait until other skins that are more appealing to me will be announced and/or released

Best Regards Prrimme

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Every month the skins change but if you have already bought a pack you can buy items from the newest pack. Some of the items are only buyable if you have the higher pack
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • GumdropsGumdrops Member, Explorer, Kickstarter
    Yes it changes every month and if you want multiple/"better exclusive" skins you can spend more money.
    Reminder to stay on topic
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Changes monthly you can get cosmetics from the same tier package in the future too.
  • Ok, so if I buy the more expensive pack I can still buy the other skins but it'll cost me more money or can I swap the skins from one pack to another depending on which pack I bought? @Nagash @Gumdrops thanks for your quick answers :D
    Prrimme wrote: »
    Ok, so if I buy the more expensive pack I can still buy the other skins but it'll cost me more money or can I swap the skins from one pack to another depending on which pack I bought? @Nagash @Gumdrops thanks for your quick answers :D

you would have to buy the items from the new pack and no you cant trade sadly
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Ok thanks so a good idea would be to wait until a nice skin you like pops up and then buy others if you really feel the need to
  • XraelXrael Member
    I saw a post about this earlier but didn't quite understand it so I wanted to just lay it out. does the skins in the pre order packs change each month, or will they stay the same until launch? I have heavily considered buying the game but if the skins change monthly I'll wait until other skins that are more appealing to me will be announced and/or released

Best Regards Prrimme

They change on a regular basis.

You just missed the dark allegiance set. It looks so fucking epic.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ashes+of+creation+dark+allegiance&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwj389zKwvDqAhVUwoUKHYJvAGUQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=ashes+of+creation+dark+allegiance&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQA1AAWABglbYCaABwAHgAgAEAiAEAkgEAmAEAqgELZ3dzLXdpei1pbWc&sclient=img&ei=2WYgX7ejCtSElwSC34GoBg&bih=657&biw=1396
    Ok thanks so a good idea would be to wait until a nice skin you like pops up and then buy others if you really feel the need to

pretty much
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• @CaptainChuck damn that does look cool, rip xD does the sets ever rotate or will it always be new sets?
  • XraelXrael Member
    edited July 2020
    @CaptainChuck damn that does look cool, rip xD does the sets ever rotate or will it always be new sets?

I have only seen 4 or 5 sets so far. So I don't know if it will rotate. Most likely, they will be new sets.

• ShaladoorShaladoor Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    So if I buy the biggest pack (Voyager Plus Pre-Order Pack), I'll get access to that month's cosmetics when the game releases, and have the option to buy all future month's cosmetics from the store as well, but not prior months.

And I don't have to buy future cosmetics immediately, every month, I could wait until the game releases? For example, assume I buy the current pack and all cosmetics. Two years from now, the game releases. On launch, would I still be able to purchase all of the cosmetics from here until launch, or will I be required to buy the cosmetics when they are released? I guess I'm wondering if buying a cosmetic pack now would reserve me the right to buy all future cosmetics at a later date?

I hope I made my question clear :/
    Shaladoor wrote: »
    So if I buy the biggest pack (Voyager Plus Pre-Order Pack), I'll get access to that month's cosmetics when the game releases, and have the option to buy all future month's cosmetics from the store as well, but not prior months.

And I don't have to buy future cosmetics immediately, every month, I could wait until the game releases? For example, assume I buy the current pack and all cosmetics. Two years from now, the game releases. On launch, would I still be able to purchase all of the cosmetics from here until launch, or will I be required to buy the cosmetics when they are released? I guess I'm wondering if buying a cosmetic pack now would reserve me the right to buy all future cosmetics at a later date?

I hope I made my question clear :/

Thats right but you would need to buy the items you want. buying the pack allows you to by other months items
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So far they have not rotated cosmetics. And as i understand it; they will be limited quantity too ? So lets say you get a bird from the shop this bird will never be avaible again, at least not in its current form. Maybe with a different colour size name etc ? That will make owning any monthly cosmetic a few years down the line pretty rare and cool to have. Please someone correct me if wrong here ty
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • Hi there - thanks to all the folks above who helped get OP some answers! The cosmetic items in the Pre-Order Packs do indeed change each month, and once they're gone, they're gone - they won't rotate back into the shop! Hopefully that helps answer @Shaladoor 's question as well - you'll need to grab the cosmetics during the month they're available if you'd like to, as they won't be making a comeback!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please don't hesitate to reach back out if there's anything else we can assist you with on this topic!
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.