Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Achievements or Titles for quickest cleared content? Dungeons, Bosses etc.

I'd like it if there were some sort of rankings for dungeons.
It would be too boring to simply mindlessly grind them for items or resources. So how about instead reward players a bit if they were the first guild or party to clear a certain difficult dungeon? A flying mount? :smile: Naturally you'll lose it if someone else beat the dungeon quicker than your party.
This game is about competitiveness right? Risk/Reward and all that.

Comments

• Options
    Clear it first, or clear it the fastest? There is a difference.

Yes, to titles and achievements, no to the flying mount - we already know a flying mount egg is a drop from top tier raids.
  • Options
    KohlKohl Member
    phdmonster wrote: »

Yes, to titles and achievements, no to the flying mount - we already know a flying mount egg is a drop from top tier raids.

I can see how clearing first might create problems, but there should be no issues for quickest clears right?
    And if not flying mounts, maybe other rewards. Like cosmetics that can't be bought.
  • Options
    Kohl wrote: »
    phdmonster wrote: »

I can see how clearing first might create problems, but there should be no issues for quickest clears right?
    And if not flying mounts, maybe other rewards. Like cosmetics that can't be bought.

Yeap, i see no issues with fastest clear of all bosses and maybe even have a ladder in the local Node settlement. Other rewards are welcome too, although i think most of the ideas we might come up with are already in the drop tables :smile:
  • Options
    VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think it'd be cool if the first raid/party to clear difficult content is recognized in some way, maybe a stone outside the poi, or a note in the library if the area is a scientific node.
  • Options
    VmanGmanVmanGman Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    One time rewards like what you described for the first completion of a dungeon does not sounds like good game design.

It's a reward that only 8 to 40 players will ever be able to achieve in game. That sounds like a waste of design resources. Also, clearing a dungeon for the first time on the launch of a game is not a matter of skill. It's a matter of who will stay up the longest to get there... That's just not fun or good.

That being said, in the recent interviews Steven confirmed that the better you perform in dungeons and raids the better your rewards will be.