Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestion for cheaters.

Publicly shame people who's been caught cheating, and are subject for suspension/ban.
Without knowing their caught, a GM would teleport the player to the closest city square in a cage. Having vegetable and fruit vendors for people to buy and throw at the player, forcing the player to be logged in (even if they log out) for x amount of hours before the suspension/ban is in effect.

Comments

• Options
    No what a moronic idea. I get it,, no one likes cheaters. That being said no need to call attention to them. Just let them quietly fade away.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Wouldn't want to waste development time on such things. A big ban hammer should be enough.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer

Yeah but I doubt that took extra development time. lol. Awesome story though.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    Cold 0ne FTBCold 0ne FTB Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Current wrote: »
    Publicly shame people who's been caught cheating, and are subject for suspension/ban.
    Without knowing their caught, a GM would teleport the player to the closest city square in a cage. Having vegetable and fruit vendors for people to buy and throw at the player, forcing the player to be logged in (even if they log out) for x amount of hours before the suspension/ban is in effect.

I think this is over kill. Just ban the person. This game is going to take hours upon hours. Make them waste all their effort and time. Could you imagine spending hours upon hours in a game just to have it all thrown in the dumpster because you used some macro or whatever the cheat may be.
    ZxbhjES.gif

That is not dead which can eternal lie. And with strange aeons even death may die.
  • Options
    For some, that would incentivize people to cheat just so they could get there 5 minutes of fame.

Also it would highlight the existence of hacks and constantly remind people they are out there. There will always be some disgruntled playing having a hard time who may never think of try cheating but because it's pushed in his face as a reminder, he might try it.

I remember in early WoW (original not this classic stuff, so years ago), I had TONS of friends all saying "WoW is so awesome, it's great that Blizzard has been on top of their game and there are no hacks/cheats for WoW". Sadly the truth was there was a pretty solid hacking community breaking the game constantly with global teleport hacks for example. Until news articles started coming out and it was more public, they had no idea and some even tried the hacks later, which they probably would not have if they didn't know they existed.

Hackers/Cheaters don't deserve any spotlight and would thrive on any attention from getting caught. The less publicity the better.