Cheating the Corruption System

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here, or AoC has thought about the case when someone flags up and kills people for their gathered goods, gets high corruption, and then trades everything (Including his gear) to his friend so that when he dies, he has no potential to lose anything in the situation.

My idea to solve to this? If you're corrupted you can't open a trade. Unless they're both corrupted. As guilds/parties of corrupted people should still be able to trade potions or whatnot around themselves.

Thoughts?
Aspiring Author, Streamer, and Game Developer.

Twitch
Twitter

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Hello, I was wondering if anyone here, or AoC has thought about the case when someone flags up and kills people for their gathered goods, gets high corruption, and then trades everything (Including his gear) to his friend so that when he dies, he has no potential to lose anything in the situation.

My idea to solve to this? If you're corrupted you can't open a trade. Unless they're both corrupted. As guilds/parties of corrupted people should still be able to trade potions or whatnot around themselves.

Thoughts?

Yeah, this was thought of a long while ago.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Personally I think you should be only able to trade with another person who has corruption.

Hhak63P.png
  • VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Makes sense, perhaps limiting their trade would be the better option since turning it off just wouldn't feel right.
  • This is already in the design of the system, for like, 3 years.
  • MarcetMarcet Member
    I think people is too sensitive about pvp and getting killed. This is an mmorpg, people can mess with you and grief you if they want, that doesnt mean everybody is gonna do it, we have to believe in people a little bit.

I think corruption system is too harsh, and im not a pvp player or anything.
    No one will want to be a bad guy, your game basically becomes imposible to play.
  • DeJokeDeJoke Member
    Marcet wrote: »
    I think people is too sensitive about pvp and getting killed. This is an mmorpg, people can mess with you and grief you if they want, that doesnt mean everybody is gonna do it, we have to believe in people a little bit.

I think corruption system is too harsh, and im not a pvp player or anything.
    No one will want to be a bad guy, your game basically becomes imposible to play.

I was just worried people will abuse it, find an easy loophole in the system, but from what it seems, this issue is already addressed so my question is answered.

Personally I don't think the corruption system is harsh as it gives massive room to the game to create your own risk and reward. Maybe you're end game, and so, you store your high tier gear in your bank/storage system and then get mid-tier gear which is easier for you to get now. Then proceed to kill a lot of low-level characters for their gathering/processing item loot and try to get away with it. When you look at the system like that, well. Then I feel most people will say that it's a broken system and everyone has to fear for their lives when leaving a city.

So IMO, I think the system has a decent enough punishment/risk to reward ratio for anyone in the game.
    Aspiring Author, Streamer, and Game Developer.

Twitch
    Twitter