Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A real RP major for the commonwealth

Hi guys,
I never role played before in a mmo
and maybe i want to give it a try with a RP character.

But for all the RP’s hearths!

What u guys thinking about a RP major,
and a city for RP’s?

I think on launch when all RP’s Vote for the major its pretty easy to realized.

But we need prevention and organization.

Tell us something about u major 😂

Comments

• I would absolutely love to be apart of a city of all rp. I agree that it would be difficult to manage though as there’s no way to stop a non rp from buying a house or setting up shop within the city.

Our best bet would be to gather role players, choose a node we plan to set up the city at, and bull rush it upon release. If there are enough rp around in chat within the node the server will slowly recognize the city as “for role players”.

I’d be interesting to create a council of sorts before choosing the mayor of the different races all with their own backgrounds and intentions for the city. They would all debate on who would be best chosen for the mayor. Then the other races could create “houses” in the form of guilds that help the mayor to make decisions. Idk though I’m new to rp and this game so not sure if it’s possible!
  • This is my first MMO, I love rp so much in dnd and would love to find a good group to rp with.

As for a character, it would be hard for me to come up with a concept without creating my character.

I'd really like to play something different like a trader or homesteader
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I understand that, prior to launch, players will choose one (or more) servers to be the Unofficial Role-Playing server. There will not be an official one. There will undoubtedly be role playing on all of the servers, but if you want a lot of it, choose that server.
  • ChimeChime Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've always been an RPer at heart, I can't ever just make a character without creating some kind of background for them. I have no doubt that there will be an unofficial server and then the larger RP/X guilds picking a node to control. I'm looking forward to what happens.
    "Bravery only means something to those who are afraid of death."
  • Anduin KayvaanAnduin Kayvaan Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    This is a great idea, I know a bunch of people in the RP community are making plans to make a few RP cities including a Dwarven one.

Please join the AOCRP discord if you haven't! https://discord.gg/4xhevZqGgj
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
    Gray Sentinels Guild Recruitment https://tinyurl.com/Gray-Sentinels
  • This is definitely an idea that has been discussed. There likely will multiple roleplay orientated nodes of differing sizes.

I know some groups have built or are building alliances around such things. Will be interesting to see it play out. 👍