Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Game Masters

HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
As I have just joined this community and am loving it so far, I have been watching everybit of info I can about the game until my alpha package comes available. I want to say Kudos to Steven, for bringing back game masters to the game. As a old school gamer this is something that has been lost for a long time, and in some cases has gotten horrible having to wait 2 weeks for a reply.

Having a presence in game with give players a feeling of safety and cheaters a uneasy feeling knowing that 1 report to a GM will recieve immediate attention! Really looking forwward to seeing this aspect of community service/policing again.

Comments

• Options
    MakosiMakosi Member
    I was actually wondering what will stop GM's from giving out goodies to their mates? I mean at launch sure everyone will be behaving nicely and what not and it's not a secret that GM's will also play AOC with their alt characters, they will join normal player guilds and participate in RB or sieges and then at some point later when game has been around for a while what will stop GM's from giving themselves /friends items and other perks? Who watches the watchers?
  • Options
    I believe in the pas that GM postion was technically a job, where as they were paid for their time. I'm assuming that Steven is planning on this as well (please correct me if wrong) If they're to be compensated then they will also have a boss who can double check his GM's moves and most likely will oversee anything done.

That is a legitimate concern though, and if they were to be volunteers could be easily abused.
  • Options
    MakosiMakosi Member
    No i understand they will be on a salary I just hope they wont have access to physically create items out of thin air or grant some perks. If all they can do is flag someone as potential bot or kick or mute players then it's great and fantastic. I am sure Steven will find a way where GM corruption is not possible.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I don't think there would be that many people that would put their job (and potential entry point in to a career) on the line for some in game items.

I mean, it has happened a few times in other games, and it has always ended badly for all involved - the GM and the guild.
  • Options
    Agree, and again everything will leave virtual footprints, from conversations to items.
  • Options
    MakosiMakosi Member
    noaani wrote: »
    I don't think there would be that many people that would put their job (and potential entry point in to a career) on the line for some in game items.

I mean, it has happened a few times in other games, and it has always ended badly for all involved - the GM and the guild.

ha if found....
  • Options
    WMC51WMC51 Member
    If i remember correctly EQ had in game GMs but at some point let players apply to he a scout or something?
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Makosi wrote: »

ha if found....

They are always found. MMO's are not great places to keep secrets.
  • Options
    Makosi wrote: »

ha if found....

They are always found. MMO's are not great places to keep secrets.

Agree, Steven and his team seem much smarter than to not to have a system where they can keep track of their employee's and their actions.