Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[IDEA] To have legendary portable workstations/gathering tools

katsuenyakatsuenya Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
The general idea is this, currently as we understand there will be only 1 type of legendary weapon drop per server (like 1 excalibur, 1 supernoodledoodle bow, 1 Steven' slipper shield ect...). Any resources to be processed or crafted has to be done in specific locations, but what if every profession had a "legendary portable station" which can be carried and stuff could be processed/crafted on spot (yes even in dungeons/farming locations).

Gathering people, maybe have "legendary pickaxe/axe/fishing rod ect...) which are also 1 per server and could have effect such as maybe faster gathering speed or getting more resources per node or getting higher chance to get higher tier resource.

There would be ONLY 1 profession station per server (1 furnace, 1 tanning station, 1 woodwork station and so on). This would be in general another huge thing for RP player who not much interested into combat related activities and wants to be knows as "THE WEAPONSMITH" of the server because he has portable weaponsmith station. Of course for balancing there could be some cooldown for it so it is not abused too much.

Example 1: Legendary portable furnace station. To craft/get it you need a legendary drop from legendary dragon boss (his head) which makes your portable workstation to look like dragon's head.

Example 2: Legendary fishing rod. To craft it you need some kind material from Legendary "fish/water creature" like boss to get it's scales or fishbone which used to craft the rod.

So what are your thoughts on this? Would you like to have it? I am adding also a poll for this question for you to express opinion/vote.

https://strawpoll.com/rcuub7d56

Comments

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Where did you get the idea that there would only be one type of legendary weapon per server from?

volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Where did you get the idea that there would only be one type of legendary weapon per server from?

it was said by people on discord, that there will be 1 legendary weapon per server from boss drop (not counting crafted stuff i guess)
  • Options
    katsuenya wrote: »

it was said by people on discord, that there will be 1 legendary weapon per server from boss drop (not counting crafted stuff i guess)

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Legendary

I'm not seeing anything about that on the wiki so I'm guessing they are talking out of their asses on this.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options

It means that there will be only one Frostmourne, Grouhowl, Excalibur etc, not that there will only be 1 unique tier sword.

I like the idea of legendary portable crafting stations, but they should have long cooldowns between uses :-)
  • Options
    phdmonster wrote: »

It means that there will be only one Frostmourne, Grouhowl, Excalibur etc, not that there will only be 1 unique tier sword.

I like the idea of legendary portable crafting stations, but they should have long cooldowns between uses :-)

Again, where are you getting that information from?
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    phdmonster wrote: »

exactly
  • Options
    Tsukasa wrote: »
    False.

Legendaries aren't even temporary. Think about what happens if the owner quits ... Think ahead. Think rightfully.

if thre is like only 1 excalibur and someone quits game or breaks legendary with enchanting, they then it can be dropped again i guess. the player who left game for x amount of time would have simply lose the rights of the item or item is on hold. i dont know.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    To be clear, some legendaries are restricted to one per server, not all of them.

This is why you don't listen to what is said in Discord, there is no one there willing to correct them.
  • Options
    MarcetMarcet Member
    You make it so hard to obtain that the kind of player who gets it is an ultranerd god that will never stop playing the game. Exclusivity is good and the world should feel alive, let it be.
  • Options
    Marcet wrote: »
    You make it so hard to obtain that the kind of player who gets it is an ultranerd god that will never stop playing the game. Exclusivity is good and the world should feel alive, let it be.

legendary drop items are one per server, but you still can craft it which are equal in term of power, but "THE ITEM" like EXACALIBUR is only 1 per server.
  • Options
    Marcet wrote: »

legendary drop items are one per server, but you still can craft it which are equal in term of power, but "THE ITEM" like EXACALIBUR is only 1 per server.

@katsuenya

Again, SOME legendaries are one per server, but not all of them.

Don't believe anything you hear on DIscord unless it is from Steven.
  • Options
    noaani wrote: »

as i said people on discord told that it is confirmed by Steven that legendary drops will be limited to 1 type per server, like 1 excalibur, 1 supernoodledoodle bow ect... some legendary weapons may not even ever founded.
  • Options
    noaani wrote: »

as i said people on discord told that it is confirmed by Steven that legendary drops will be limited to 1 type per server, like 1 excalibur, 1 supernoodledoodle bow ect... some legendary weapons may not even ever founded.

As I said, don't believe what people on Discord say.

The exact quote is as follows;
    There might even be items that are single items that will exist on the server at any given time.
    Note the use of the word "might".