Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions, Questions, and even more Questions

Based on Asmongold's interview with Steven, boss performance and loot scales with your performance as a group. If boss difficulty only truly depends on your performance as a group, will you never encounter bosses that will be able to wipe you?Will you never be able to experience truly challenging content, like mythic raids in WoW, where you will be wiped if you don't perform well enough?

Will players have to fight off other contestant groups as well, while clearing dungeons/raids? If so, since your performance against a boss determines the quality of the gear that is dropped, won't this make players want to do dungeons when there is little chance for PvP, i.e. at a time when the no. of active players on the server is at a minimum?

Won't this also make it so that players will seek to form alliances, more so than enemies?

How exactly does the corruption system tie into all of this?

Speaking of the corruption system, how will it stop mass, low level griefing, in starting areas, especially for streamers?

What if 2 players gank up on a player and kill him? Will only the killer get corruption? Why is this the case? Why don't both killers and assisters gain corruption, even if the amount they gain is different?

What if a player manages to calculate and deal 95% of a person's health as damage but doesn't kill him? The player who lost his hp is left in a position where he cannot quest or do anything and the player who attacked him does not gain any corruption. How exactly will you stop this kind of griefing?

What about node sieges? Why would attackers attack nodes, if it costs a ton of resources, simply to unlock new content?

Way too many questions I have no answer to.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    The game is still likely 2 years away from launch, the answers to most of these questions will not be known until the last 3 - 6 months.

We can speculate, and others (and likely myself, if I'm being honest) will - but at the end of the day, you have so many questions because this game is still a long way away from being finished.
  • Options
    XraelXrael Member
    noaani wrote: »
    The game is still likely 2 years away from launch, the answers to most of these questions will not be known until the last 3 - 6 months.

We can speculate, and others (and likely myself, if I'm being honest) will - but at the end of the day, you have so many questions because this game is still a long way away from being finished.

Man I hate waiting. But I know in the end it will be worth it.
  • Options
    XraelXrael Member
    edited July 2020
    Redacted