Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Future Fast Travel

WMC51WMC51 Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
first I love that there isn't going to be mass fast travel. I loved traveling in EQ when it started. I relate most things to EQ because it was my first MMO love.

I like the idea of limited player driven fast travel. Think druid circles and wizard spires. This created an additional service that can be traded and increases player interaction. I remember just spending time porting people around to make some quick gold.

This could be limited to certain size nodes you have traveled to yourself or whatever other limitations you put on it. Maybe a circle you put in your housing or the mayor has to build some teleport tether you have to visit and tie yourself to.

I could also see fast travel between max level scientific nodes if they build whatever structure is required for that.

If it's a hard no on fast travel I'm okay with that too but those are things I think allow it but keep it limited.

Comments

• Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    WMC51WMC51 Member
    I saw the bit about scientific nodes and their zone of influence. I was thinking about going between two scientific nodes later on but wasn't clear. I was mostly remembering the player driven porting in EQ and what peoples thoughts were on that kind of fast travel.
  • Options
    I believe the systems in place (as you can seem from the wiki) are perfectly suficient.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫