Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Best way to farm raid crafting mats

AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Seems like since you have a chance to drop mats on death and no fast travel that the best way to farm a 40man raid is to sit outside with 200 and as soon as they come out kill them for the chance to make them drop their mats then use your spare non corrupt people to kill/remove the corruption from anyone who got it. In addition if that raid fights back noone will even get corruption out of it. Getting back to the city with your mats is probably going to be worse than the raid.

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I've said before, Points of Interest will most likely be where Zergs are. I have no remedies to your suggestion, except, the PvP fights would be immense. Due to PvX it is highly likely the Raid Teams will be more equipped than the Waiters. In such a circumstance, gear would matter.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    this may be a case when the family summon comes in handy. One person in raid has all material then is family summoned to safety
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nexmagus wrote: »
    this may be a case when the family summon comes in handy. One person in raid has all material then is family summoned to safety

Wrong he already said if you had mats on you the summon would fail
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You can't use the Family Summon with Materials and Certificates. Steven said the summon would fail.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    I must have missed that
  • Options
    The thing is.. Can you gather 200 people outside a raid to wait for several hours? How would you know which raid is where and if it's being used unless you have people literally everywhere all over the world? Are you really sure that there is only 1 raid inside? Or that there aren't another 200 people guarding them outside of the raid?

There is an information problem that you are ignoring.
  • Options
    Raoul9753Raoul9753 Member
    edited July 2020
    The anti-PvP posters are becoming smarter, now they disguise their threats as "look how I belive PvP could be used to grief in this totaly unrealistic scenario!"

And correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I understood the Q&A, only corrupted players drop Inventory Items on death, or did I get that wrong?
  • Options
    Risk vs Reward.
    Conflict is the core driving force in any meaningful MMO, thats why the rest of the games out there arent worth playing.
    Imagine how you will feel when you do get materials and loot out of those situations on either side, how rewarding it will feel.
  • Options
    Afaik you can drop gatherables items and certificates, I'm not sure about materials from Bosses, this is something to be checked.
    And you WILL drop materials on death, it's not a chance. The difference is that if you fight back you drop 25%, if you die as innocent you drop 50%