Housing / Business Question

Hey everybody. I saw this game 3 years ago and thought it was promising. It then somehow dialed down until recently where i, by fate, watched asmondgolds stream live for the first time ever and he was watching AOC where i finally got up to speed where the game stands. I must say i have never been hooked from a pre-released game in my entire life like i am to AOC.

After some reading up on the wiki etc. i got extremely excited about the housing system and the business system. upon closer inspection i only saw taverns as the only one. Is this set in stone or will there be options depending on the profession and location of the building?

Like could people buy from their weapons and armor from the local blacksmith / leather...thingy?? get their herbs from a specific pharmacy type building from an alchemist? go outside near the beach and relax in a pool if the building is near a river / the ocean?

I understand the kiosk for players and the marketplace and i think those should exist. but if players can have a tavern where they could sell specific recipes only from player owned taverns, then why not expand that to every profession. It could be added with features like: "if you repair your items at the designated shop (blacksmith, leathery) you get x amount of extra durability".
That could go as far as the owner himself setting the prices for those repair costs at a certain item % where he could give regulars some free repairs as a thank you for coming to his store.

He could / would keep a portion of the mats used for it as payment so that the business is worth it.

this would give so much viarity in buildings and in the economy as people have to go to different blacksmiths to compare the prices so location would be a huge deal too. There would be restrictions on how close the same business can be next to each other so it wont look cramped but i think this could be great.

any thoughts? maybe i even missed something while reading up. enlighten me!

Comments

• https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_housing

Check out the free hold buildings.
  • StyleStyle Member
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_housing

thanks man that was what i was looking for. got some reading to do!
  • HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Very excited for the housing , business systems. Location Location, Location!
  • StyleStyle Member
    https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_housing

thanks man that was what i was looking for. got some reading to do!
  • StyleStyle Member
    Sandman wrote: »
    Very excited for the housing , business systems. Location Location, Location!

this is one of the things that amazes me. the details to that. the teamwork required. you wont only be searching for guild members because of their items but job specific ones too. though in that wiki it doesnt say what bonuses blacksmith and smelder etc will have or how they be generating money / making a name for themselves. Thats very detailed for the tavern because hundreds of years ago that was the place where everything happend from hiring mercs to gossip about the latest hooker. still leaves out the benefits of the other professional buildings.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hopefully I can start up a “Murder Hobo For Hire” business.

Hhak63P.png
  • VentharienVentharien Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Atama wrote: »
    Hopefully I can start up a “Murder Hobo For Hire” business.

That's gonna be a competitive vocation hahahah