Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Timthetatman interview uploaded

LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Greetings all,

Link to full recording of the Timthetatman interview today - enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8UmFQGDnI4
Twitch.tv/Lafidell

Comments

• Options
    PeggysuegotParriedPeggysuegotParried Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Thank you!
  • Options
    KrojakKrojak Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Much thanks!
  • Options
    The way Steven elaborated on technology development throughout the time and how it enables more engaging scenarios nowadays really made my heart smile. Steven, you got this! <3
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    While there were fewer questions I did enjoy it, especially the part where he talked about the tech and the stance on addons/meters.

The one thing that really stood out ...is them saying this is Lineage 3 ....this is exactly what I told me girlfriend last week lol xD
  • Options
    Balrog21Balrog21 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    More nuggets.....more nuggets....
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited July 2020
    Eveey time Steven reveals more about the systems and every time Im like, this guys will actually pull it off....
    Loved this interview. The questions the guy asked gave a chance for more indepth discussion of "what is an awesome mmo".

Takeaway points from today(again):

Factions and themepark mmos restrict human interactions and are short lived before they become a chore.

PvX means interdepentancies, people. Start socializing.

The more I hear about the item durability, the more I change my mind. For those from L2, think of maintaining your gear with repairs like maintaining an amount of Soulshots. You cant fight effectivelly without.

The 8x8 will may actually truly manage to create uniquness for players. Everybody wants that teleport on the fighter rush. Nah baby... ima go flame trail and look like the bad ass Abyssal Watchers from DS, dancing around the battlefield burning the little bards and summoners to crisps.

Btw it would be funny when Steven gets back on Development Updates and forgets to be on CEO mode:
    "There's a ton of shiet we need to test".
    "An mmo is a fucking haaard thing to develop".
    *shade at greedy/boring mmos*, instead of diplomatic replies.

Ahh... thnx for the upload. Good way to start the day.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Ah crap sounds like you have to pick between enchants for pvp or pve...wow reseliance enchant is not something we needed in this game. Anticrit and extra crit should not matter weather you are fighting a mob or a person.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Aardvark wrote: »
    Ah crap sounds like you have to pick between enchants for pvp or pve...wow reseliance enchant is not something we needed in this game. Anticrit and extra crit should not matter weather you are fighting a mob or a person.

Do not be afraid. Lemme explain the possibilities:

In Tera Online you could craft runes that were slotted and unslotted in your gear, unless you were in combat mode.
    You wont be forced to spec FOREVER for either PvE or PvP.

In Tera with the click of a botton I could choose to improve my performance a bit againsts mobs or players.

In a perfect world I'd rather not have it in AoC, but it isnt that big of a deal actually.
  • Options

In Tera Online you could craft runes that were slotted and unslotted in your gear, unless you were in combat mode.

In Tera with the click of a botton I could choose to improve my performance a bit againsts mobs or players.

In a perfect world I'd rather not have it in AoC, but it isnt that big of a deal actually.

It was the single worst thing that ever happened to wow gear. Do not bring that here
  • Options

It was the single worst thing that ever happened to wow gear. Do not bring that here

well then, start a discussion on the topic of pvp/pve runes and how it is going against the PvX mentality of the game and gearing.
  • Options
    LafiLafi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    this thread has derailed so hard lmfao. make new threads for your random topics or join existing ones.
    Twitch.tv/Lafidell
  • Options
    Lafi wrote: »
    this thread has derailed so hard lmfao. make new threads for your random topics or join existing ones.

We are talking about the interview this was breaking news straight from the video interview