Dye System

virilikusvirilikus Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
While a single color dye system is fine, I would much prefer a 2-3 color system. Where each item has 2-3 dye sections. Primary, Secondary, Tertiary. I hate when I go to dye a piece of armor in some games and the parts I want to change are not the ones that change on the model.

Segmenting the visible parts of the model and designating each notable color as being individually dyed would be the dream. Idk how plausible that is though.

Discuss?

Comments

• SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I love customisation and as much customisation as possible. I hope we can dye all parts of items. I loved my Sky Blue Armour in Guild Wars 2 (Dyed Sky Blue). Well, more of a Frost Blue, it was called Frost Blue. Anyway, I digress, not sure what options we'll have but Steven's an MMO player and loves the BDO Character Customisations so I'm hopeful we'll have decent customisation options.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Totally agree on this ^ ! The dye system in gw2 is amazing with the amount of colours and changes in matt metalic glossy etc :#
    Signature-member.gif
  • Valento92Valento92 Member
    edited July 2020
    Neurath wrote: »
    I love customisation and as much customisation as possible. I hope we can dye all parts of items. I loved my Sky Blue Armour in Guild Wars 2 (Dyed Sky Blue). Well, more of a Frost Blue, it was called Frost Blue. Anyway, I digress, not sure what options we'll have but Steven's an MMO player and loves the BDO Character Customisations so I'm hopeful we'll have decent customisation options.

Man, GW2 appearance systems as a whole (outfit, wardrobe, dyes) are very superior in many aspects. It's so intuitive!
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Wololo wrote: »
    Totally agree on this ^ ! The dye system in gw2 is amazing with the amount of colours and changes in matt metalic glossy etc :#

I like the dye system in anthem as you can change not only the color but also the texture the material sheen type and the pattern. Stomps all over the cosmetic system in most games.

• WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Aardvark wrote: »
    Wololo wrote: »

I like the dye system in anthem as you can change not only the color but also the texture the material sheen type and the pattern. Stomps all over the cosmetic system in most games.

yes that would be epic in a MMO :D but there probably won't be sliders
    Signature-member.gif
  • Aardvark wrote: »

That would be somewhat difficult to support in the long run, just imagine the textures and having to interact with dyes in a per sheen, per pattern way, plus add the various sources of lighting and shadows. It's not just adding effects and changing color values but a deeper take on how dyeing works as a whole. That being said, I agree, it would be super cool, just hard to maintain.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫