Genuinely excited for the first time in years

madmossymadmossy Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Hi everyone,

Veteran MMO player here having originally started with MUDS (I'm old), short dabble in Everyquest, before getting the MMO bug with Dark Age of Camelot back in 2001/2002 which I played relentlessly and pretty much became my first no life experience in a game. I remember my first ever character taking me an eternity to level up and it never made it to max level, it was a good 2 months or so after the games release that I finally managed to get a character to max level.

That character was my much loved Norse Shadowblade, a character that became my main/primary character for close to 4 years, a character that not only conquered all the games content, spent countless hours harassing people in Darkness Falls and terrorising the Wizards, Theurgist, Sorcerer's or Cabalist's in Emain.

It was WoW that finally grabbed my attention from DAoC in the end, with our guild finally migrating over and adopting World of Warcraft as our new game. A game which I shamefully admit to having played for well over a decade now, having finally stopped last year when the guild I had been in for over 2 decades finally decided to pack it all in and wait for the next big thing. I tried numerous other games along the way but none got me hopefully addicted like DAoC or WoW did. Those games include Age of Conan, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Warhammer: Online, Lineage 2, Guild Wars 2 to name but a few.

Each game had some aspects that were good, but ultimately many that were bad.

Hopefully, AoC is the game that not online ticks all the boxes, but finally manages to bring all my guildies back into the action, even if some of us are now into our 40s with families of our own.

Suffice to say, I'll be playing a Shadowblade as my first character :)

I wish I had backed the game on kickstarter, cannot think of why I didn't as I am a backer of other big MMO games in development at the moment Camelot Unchained is one of them being the spiritual successor to DAoC, along with other games like Star Citizen. I did register an account with intrepid a few years ago though so must have known something good was coming subconsciously :)