Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will this game have a collection system like EQ?

As the title reads, some of the most fun I had in Everquest II was going around the world and trying to collect every shiny that I could find. Completing the collections was great. They awarded furniture and items for your house, pets, cosmetics, titles etc. It was a great system. Just wonder if something like that is in store for Ashes.

Also, loving the hype and excitement surrounding the game. You guys are doing a great job!

Comments

• Options
    Fucking.. Common Land butterflys....they still haunt me.

I forgot about those. That was a fun system. No mention of it that I've heard of.
  • Options
    nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    That would be a fun inclusion. I liked that in EQ2.

The Everquest games prompted some of my favourite and most memorable moments in my MMO history. It does seem to me that I'm hearing a lot of ideas that remind me of EQ2, and I believe some of team worked on the game - Jeffrey in later expansions especially.

The EQs had some fun class quests. I'd like to see an Ashes version of EQs classic Legendary Weapon quests.
  • Options
    WMC51WMC51 Member
    I hate hunting collection crap but ill sell you any I find.

Nothing was a better feeling than com pleting your epic weapon quest with all the work and raids it took.
  • Options
    QuarantineQuarantine Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I did a search for collectibles to see if they had mentioned it and found your thread. I'm going to chime in and say that I am hoping for this as well. Collectibles and achievements are a pretty fun part of gaming. It just feels good <3
  • Options
    daxiongmao87daxiongmao87 Member
    edited August 2020
    Edit: Sorry a little off topic

What I also liked in EQ 2, for the little time I played in it's early years, if I remember correctly, I'd gaining titles by killing a completely massive amount of specific mobs. I'm not a completionist and try to avoid grinding when necessary, but getting a title of something like "Goblinbane" for killing 100,000 goblins I always thought would be cool.

IDT completionist and title collectors would appreciate it though.
  • Options
    I brake for shinies!
  • Options
    Yes! Collectibles like skins, mounts, furniture, etc. would be great in this game as this game's map is hopefully going to be really huge! it would be good to have like collectible rankings and maybe an achievement point ranking as well just like in WoW :smiley:
  • Options
    BaSkA_9x2BaSkA_9x2 Member
    edited August 2020
    That'd be neat.
    🎶Galo é Galo o resto é bosta🎶
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Since they have said that there will be a lot of cosmetics in game (on top of in the shop), those could be considered collectibles.
  • Options
    I loved doing these. At one time I was top quester for the server lol