A few questions

Hey everyone,

I'll be honest I'm fairly new to the Ashes of Creation hype but I've since been watching all the AMA's and interviews and reading whatever I can to try and find as many answers to my questions as I could, however there are some I did not see answers to and if they are out there if anyone could point me in the right direction it'd be great.

1. It seems there are quite a few weapon types already in the game/that will be in the game, my first question is are weapons class specific, meaning like tank can only use sword&shield and mace&shield and summoners can only use staves and so on, or can any class use any weapon? I know I saw one interview talking about how any gear can have any stat increased on it based on how the crafter decides so it made me believe any class can use any weapon.

2. There are some weapons of note I saw missing from the list like whips, scythes, katanas, and a few others. Since the game is going to have quarterly expansions I was curious if more weapons might be added later in the game during these expansions or if the weapons are pretty set in stone already?

3. Do we know just how different these secondary archtypes are truly going to be from their primary? The class system seems very intriguing but I have to be honest it makes me believe most secondary archtypes won't really have much of an impact on the primary. It sounds like its going to be a set number of abilities that will be changed but overall you're basically the same as others in your primary class. I suppose my biggest fear here is like for summoner the sub archtypes make them sound like whole other classes "necromancer" 'beastmaster" and it had my hopes up but then I realized its likely all summoner branches are just going to be summoner with a different skin over their summon. When i first saw the class list I imagined a necromancer using drain spells and summoning undead and a beastmaster wielding a bow or axe and fighting with their pet in up close combat etc.

4. If the secondary archtypes are more unique than I believe they will be this leads me to another question, during future expansions are there ever plans to add more classes down the road? It feels like a pretty set list and I feel adding new classes would be pretty difficult, however just at a glance I didn't really see a druid/someone who uses more nature magic, a shapeshift class, a blood warrior type that does more damage by losing hp, a pirate/gambler class, or a blue mage type class that can learn and use monster abilities. Obviously there might be some of this in some of those secondary archtypes I don't know about but I'm just curious.

5. I absolutely love the idea of keeping professions relevant to the game, so many games i've played try and say they have great life skills and such but in the end they die off and updates to them always end up just being after thoughts as the focus goes on PVP or other game aspects. How determined are you to keep these professions/skills fresh? Will they see the same kind of love as other aspects of the games development during the expansions? It seems there's already lots of skills are there any future plans to add additional down the road?

6. In regards to animal husbandry specifically I saw something about how the animals/monsters reared have some sort of hereditary trait or mutation during breeding that can lead to rare/unique versions of those animals/monsters. Did I understand this correctly? If so that sounds amazing. Is the animal husbandry going to be limiting on the types of animals/monsters raised or is it going to expand to all creatures in the world?

7. I believe I saw a related question but I didn't find an answer for this last one, since the game is big on PVP and change in the world, I have a fear that if I start an awesome farm and have raised a herd and growing a lot if someone decides to just come and pillage and destroy my farm that they could. Is there anyway to protect your farm, can you survive if the nearby town is destroyed? How hard would it be to rebuild your farm? I know there was talk about it not being too difficult to rebuild your home so I'm hoping the same is true for your farm.

Thank you for all your responses to the community, its truly appreciated. Watching all these AMAs and interviews really gave me hope and desire to play this game. I know no game can please everyone all the time, but it definitely seems like there's something for everyone in this. Keep pushing forward and make a game that we can once again truly immerse ourselves in!

Cheers,
Primarudite

Comments

• NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    1, no
    2, maybe
    3, not yet
    4, maybe, but I would bet against it.
    5, as this is where the majority of in game items will come from, they need to keep them relevant.
    6, we don't have this info yet
    7, your freehold (farm) is not able to be damaged unless the node you are a citizen of has been successfully sieged, thus it is in your best interests to defend your node.

If your freehold is destroyed, you will get plans of the freehold in the state that it was in, and all you need to do to reinstate it is to find land that is suitable to place it.