Regarding mastery of professions..

FleonexFleonex Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Steven mentioned that multiple (but not all) professions can be mastered given that they belong to the same artisan class

My questions is, how would that work?

The different artisan classes, namely Gathering, Processing and Crafting , each have a different number of professions contained in them.

Gathering professions:
-Fishing
-Herbalism
-Lumberjacking
-Mining
-Taming

Processing professions:
-Animal husbandry
-Smelting

Crafting professions:
-Alchemy
-Armor smithing
-Blacksmithing
-Carpentry
-Cooking
-Jewel crafting
-Scribes
-Ship building
-Siege weapons
-Weapon smithing

So lets say we can master 2 professions in an artisan class, that would mean complete mastery of the processing class, while only a fraction of the other two classes.

So are there more professions planned to balance it out or is it an intended consequence?

Or am I just flat out misunderstanding?

Comments

• WiplasherWiplasher Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
    From what iv'e seen so far those are all that we are getting. I asked myself the same question as you did in regards to the processing tree.

There's more things we don't know than things we do know about artisan classes at the moment.

What are scribes really going to do? It said that you participate in all three profession types until you master one. Are you completely locked out of the other two when you choose a mastery, or are you able to go as high as just being shy of master? Will you need to be in a level 6 node to get access to the best gatherables?

I am looking forward to here more as this is going to be my second favorite thing short of pvp.
  • phdmonsterphdmonster Member
    edited July 2020
    Fleonex wrote: »
    Steven mentioned that multiple (but not all) professions can be mastered given that they belong to the same artisan class

The different artisan classes, namely Gathering, Processing and Crafting , each have a different number of professions contained in them.

Gathering professions:
    -Fishing
    -Herbalism
    -Lumberjacking
    -Mining
    -Taming

Processing professions:
    -Animal husbandry
    -Smelting

Crafting professions:
    -Alchemy
    -Armor smithing
    -Blacksmithing
    -Carpentry
    -Cooking
    -Jewel crafting
    -Scribes
    -Ship building
    -Siege weapons
    -Weapon smithing

So lets say we can master 2 professions in an artisan class, that would mean complete mastery of the processing class, while only a fraction of the other two classes.

So are there more professions planned to balance it out or is it an intended consequence?

Dude.. Those lists of professions are not complete. All of the information for anything we have is gathered from their livestreams. And Intrepid can't give or list everything out on a livestream.

We haven't really had new information about Artisan Classes for around 2 years.

So, yes, you are missing something and that's full information on what the professions will be. There will absolutely be no profession that doesn't have any dependency or use in the all trees. Otherwise that would make it self-sufficient which is the exact opposite of what Intrepid wants.
  • grisugrisu Member
    Yes the listed profession on the wiki are those that were mentioned at some point or another and are viewed as confirmed. We know that there are more, we just don't know which.
    We can assume there will be a farming profession, we can assume there will be tailoring and wool processing. We just haven't had it confirmed.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • dubfighterdubfighter Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    processing is also missing farming and lumbermill
  • NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    I think it's safe to say, if we are able to gather leather, and make leather armor out of it, there will be a tanning class that will process the leather.

There will likely be a class of Diamantaire, or similar, to process gems.

There will likely be a butcher class to process meatm and maybe a fishmonger to process fish.

Most raw material groups are likely to have a class to process them.
  • GrihmGrihm Member
    Fleonex wrote: »

Gathering professions:
    -Fishing
    -Herbalism
    -Lumberjacking
    -Mining
    -Taming

Processing professions:
    -Animal husbandry
    -Smelting

Crafting professions:
    -Alchemy
    -Armor smithing
    -Blacksmithing
    -Carpentry
    -Cooking
    -Jewel crafting
    -Scribes
    -Ship building
    -Siege weapons
    -Weapon smithing

Any update to this?
    Would really be interested to know how far i can do my leather crafts and my farming on my own.
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We almost never get updates for the Artisan paths.
    Seems like we will have to wait for Alpha 2?