Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

3 Cleric questions

JubilumJubilum Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
1. Will Cleric be a viable PVP choice?
2. If a Cleric heals himself during a PK attempt will he be flagged as a combatant?
3. Will a max level Cleric/Cleric with legendary gear be able to heal himself thru a PK attack without running out of mana?

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    We don't know.

That is basically the answer to all three questions.
  • Options
    nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Steven did say in one of the interviews that they are working towards a paper rock scissors set up in terms of class ability in certain scenarios. That makes me think that some classes won't have a fun time of it in PvP.

I'd class PvP in Ashes as being benefitted by cooperation rather than everyone can succeed alone.

I've no doubt that if someone is good enough then they could succeed as any class.

I might be way out, of course. I think so much is up in the air for the classes as of now.
  • Options
    Undead CanuckUndead Canuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Just remember that the rock, paper, scissors (lizard, spock, etc.) scenario is just that. You are great against something, but a different one is great against you.
    I am pretty sure that they don't want a class that is not viable. Each of them will be powerful against a different one.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For your second question, self-healing and self-buffing won't flag you as a combatant. You will only be flagged if you attack another player or use buffs and heals on other combatants.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    I thought self healing triggered you as combatant. Good to know that I can heal myself when a murder hobo wanders by. :)
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2020
    1. Cleric has been op in pvp in previous iterations of the game. We will see how it ends up but any class that can heal and does damage usually is strong.
    2. no, it's when you heal another combatant that you would become a combatant so if you are green, then you are good.
    3. I have no clue. My guess is it would depend on your opponent but still probably not. Now if you were fighting back, I wouldn't be surprised if you could outlast most classes and kill them before they kill you.
  • Options
    Cool. I misread this:
    Non-combatants who heal, buff or otherwise interact with combatants will be flagged as combatants.[21]

Since you are not yet a combatant, this doesn't apply!
  • Options
    As the only healer i would assume they'd be a viable PVP choice. But it depends too on the end balance pass and what abilities they get from what aspects of the game.
  • Options
    LeiloniLeiloni Member
    edited July 2020
    Cool. I misread this:
    Non-combatants who heal, buff or otherwise interact with combatants will be flagged as combatants.[21]

Since you are not yet a combatant, this doesn't apply!

You won't get triggered as a combatant unless you manually turn it in yourself. You won't be capable of healing people that are combatants if you're not flagged, so you'd have to flag yourself to heal them. Some of the stuff in the wiki is out of date or incomplete. Steven gives so many long interviews that it's hard for whoever updates the wiki to keep up.