Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

archetype trinity and aoc classes | main tank and dedicated healing

2»

Comments

• Options
    Even if they made it possible to tank or main heal with more than 1 archetype.... only a small % would still play those Roles. Wow proves this with there class system. I’m going to play a Paladin tank. Like I have said before if you plan to play dps I suggest you start making some friends in these forums who are going to play tank or heals.
  • Options
    JexzJexz Member
    edited August 2020
    If tank and cleric happen to be the best 1v1 classes due to sustain. All the arguments of there won't be enough tanks and clerics will go out the door. Even if this game is group minded or balanced around groups. What ever class is meta 1v1 will be in grater numbers.

The point here is let's wait and find out before we make tanks and clerics obsolete by making tank/cleric or cleric/tank able to tank and heal for the group.

Or make the least desired classes even less desirable to play.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I am telling you once, and I will be telling you guys a hundred times.

Fighter is still not certain to be a pure dps class.
    I could bet that it is some kind of aggressive tank class that relies on parrying incomming attacks.

Tank = defensive damage mitigation
    Fighter = aggressive damage mitigation

They could neatly divide the classes into pairs of two:
    Tanks - Tank and Fighter
    Physical DPS - Rogue and Ranger
    Magical DPS - Summoner and Mage
    Support - Bard and Cleric

We simply dont know more about Fighter, Rogue, Summoner and Bards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    I am telling you once, and I will be telling you guys a hundred times. Fighter is still not certain to be a pure dps class. I could bet that it is some kind of aggressive tank class that relies on parrying incomming attacks.

Not disagreeing with this at all. I'm hopeful that more than just "Tank" will be able to tank. That said, it's hard to speculate or unpack without more from the devs. My point is basically outlining that with Primary Archetype being immutable, this makes it a very tough choice if you're a tank main who also likes PvPing. I'd much rather play an "aggressive style Fighter tank" if it means I take slightly more damage but hold better threat, for example.

I'm really interested to hear what IS will have to say on the matter as time goes on.

• Options
    BolornyBolorny Member
    edited August 2020
    delghinn wrote: »
    Only having one class be a viable main tank and another for primary healing would seem likely to cause considerable contention for those two classes. something that happens in many other games.

If you have a look at the classes repartition, out of 8 classes we got :
    1 Tank (Tank)
    2 Healers (Cleric) Secondary Healer (Bard)
    5 DPS (Fighter, Rogue, Ranger, Mage, Summoner)

12.5% Tank
    25% Healers
    62.5% DPS

It looks very close to what we see in mmos in terms of player population.
    I don't think there is going to be a shortage of Tanks or Healers.

Imo, the real concern will be the repartition of DPS classes, especially between Fighter and Rogue (both meleers) and between Mage and Summoner (both casters).