Environment

HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
My questions is I saw some beautiful landscape and Foliage in a stream with Steven, I know they had mentioned that turning down settings won't help you find stealthers, however for someone lurking in a bush waiting, can you basically turn off the Foliageso you stand out like a sore thumb when you actually think you're hidden?

Comments

• Wandering MistWandering Mist Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You can lower texture quality of things like bushes while still making them opaque enough to use as cover.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • You won't be in any way able to completely turn off environment details. Bushes may be lower quality but they won't be removed. Stealth works differently in this game than WoW - players are not completely invisible, they are transluscent. It looks similar to how invisible units in Starcraft look, like a moving distortion of light.
  • HiddenDaggerInnHiddenDaggerInn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ya it's like a shimmer, personally hoping it goes to a full stealth for like 45 seconds , Not sure if you're allowed to move when in that effect, if not it's really not stealth it's more of a camo.
  • AstrobinaryAstrobinary Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    For all we know, lowering settings to gain an advantage could possibly backfire and make it harder to see the translucent player. Interested to find out.
    For all we know, lowering settings to gain an advantage could possibly backfire and make it harder to see the translucent player. Interested to find out.

That would be GREAT!
  • Sandman wrote: »
    ya it's like a shimmer, personally hoping it goes to a full stealth for like 45 seconds , Not sure if you're allowed to move when in that effect, if not it's really not stealth it's more of a camo.

You are allowed to move during stealth. Steveo has said that only rogues will have longer duration stealth, other classes may or may not get it if the choose a rogue as a secondary class, but it will at most have a very short duration.

I think their decision to go with a shimmer like stealth instead of full WoW type stealth is a good one.
    That's good to know, ya I'm open to new things as long as I feel like I can still get the element of surprise.
  • Honestly i hope Rogue/Rogue, Rogue/Ranger or Ranger/Rogue will get ability to be perfectly invisible while not performing any action whatsoever with some conditions. Like truly camuflaged sniper or pure assassin lurking in the shadows.

I mean if you can turn into a tree, its not that big a difference.
    Frostduck wrote: »
    Honestly i hope Rogue/Rogue, Rogue/Ranger or Ranger/Rogue will get ability to be perfectly invisible while not performing any action whatsoever with some conditions. Like truly camuflaged sniper or pure assassin lurking in the shadows.

I mean if you can turn into a tree, its not that big a difference.

I would totally be ok with that. I think having the abilty to scout undetected is huge, especially if you're a bounty hunter you want to evaluate your prey. I don't think most peoples concern with stealth is the stealth itself, I think it's having way to strong of openers from stealth.