Would love to see Fishing be captivating!

Storm KingStorm King Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Most games I've played that have fishing in them all try to go the realistic approach of fishing of having bait fishing only which seems very lackluster for a game. The only fishing I've enjoyed in a game was in Vindictus that had players use a harpoon to catch a school of fish which sometimes had a rare shark among them while competing with other players on a boat. There was nothing more thrilling than yanking a shark first from others onto the boat and seeing people be in awe of it.

I hope with fishing progression we unlock more tools to catch fish in unique ways in different environments.Also would prefer to actually be able to see what I caught as I reel it in so I can show it off to others of how big it is or even strange for that matter while also being enthusiastic about it as well.

I just really wish that with fishing there are a multitude of ways to enjoy it as you progress whether it be fishing at night along the coast or even going under water to do spearfishing. These are just some of the ideas I've wanted implemented in a game with fishing besides the obvious bait fishing method or just afk fishing.

I love the direction the game is going in just wish we had more news about fishing and pray it will bring back that drive and chase I had with fishing in games. Would love to hear some other peoples ideas of how they would make fishing more captivating that would have people exploring the world to experience the joys of fishing.

P.S. Would love to see an event that entails crabs that race or duke it out.

Comments

• LfmrLfmr Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    One of the only fishing mini games I actually liked was in Read Dead Redemption 2, but I always find fishing / fishing mini games to be relaxing and spend a lot of time doing it.
  • NiraadaNiraada Member
    edited July 2020
    I'd like to see a fishing profession with a more expansive use of tools and techniques than is often seen in the genre. The mention of it interacting directly with naval content is great, and I'd love to see things like nets, traps and harpoons come into play alongside fishing rods, along with the potential for group mechanics around the larger tools.

I'm a simple guy. Give me a chance to draw the ire of a cetacean and then fight it alongside my crew, and you will have exceeded my wildest dreams for the fishing profession!

Might even name my ship Ahab's Folly. ;)
  • I would like to see fishing being an actual fight with the fish instead of just clicking a bobber or hitting keys in a certain order. Something along the lines of Legend of the river king where you would hold down a button to reel in the fish until the line was about to break then stop reeling until the line is safe then start reeling them in again until you get them in. Its a MMO so i dont expect anything too complicated, but this would be the best route since its simple and would still be a lot of fun.