Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Reserving names

Is there currently any time of way to reserve a character name?!
If so, I would like to know about it. If not, wouldn't it be a good idea to add some type of prepurchase to do so?

Comments

• Options
    Notice the bold text:
    i4XgQ7J.png
    Vivere vici cogita mori
    WJDDO5S.gif
  • Options
    You can buy the 375$ pack to reserve your name.
  • Options
    SamsonSamson Member
    The $375 Voyager Plus Pre-Order Pack from the AoC Shop comes with a name reservation. I have provided a link to the shop below:

https://accounts.ashesofcreation.com/shop?IntrepidSession=1596157268502.6052
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    You can buy the right but I do not believe the option to actually reserve your name is available yet.

I'm going to go for Gandalf.
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »

Ouch :(
  • Options
    Monorojo wrote: »
    You can buy the right but I do not believe the option to actually reserve your name is available yet.

Was gonna try Morgoth.....but $375 holy moly.
  • Options
    MonorojoMonorojo Member
    edited July 2020
    Melkor wrote: »
    Monorojo wrote: »

Was gonna try Morgoth.....but $375 holy moly.

Yeah $375 is a lot no argument. It comes with 9 months of gametime and while that's quite a commitment for an unreleased game, at least it is gametime. 15*9 = $135 of the $375 goes to game access that you won't have to pay later.

Then it's like $125 of store money (it's only cosmetic I believe) so if you like that type of stuff you are pretty much just pre-transferring money into the game store. So that's $260 (135+125) of the $375 into what you can consider "practical" uses if you are the type to buy in game cosmetic stuff and are confident this is the game for you.

That's how I justified it anyway.

• Options
    I am confident the game is for me, just not the type for store cosmetics.
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited July 2020
    I am confident the game is for me, just not the type for store cosmetics.

Oh you would be if you looked at the previous set, Dark Allegiances.
  • Options
    13371337 Member
    $375 for a name reservation is too much imo.
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    375 might be too much for you, but is it too much for someone like Asmongold or some other big elite guild leaders and community leaders? I don't know. Your Brand might be the most important thing to you or it might not.
  • Options
    When I first heard of AoC, I was on the fence with the set at the time, really wanted name reservation.
    But then the Empyrian set came out around this time last year. Worth every dollar.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020
    OrcLuck wrote: »
    375 might be too much for you, but is it too much for someone like Asmongold or some other big elite guild leaders and community leaders? I don't know. Your Brand might be the most important thing to you or it might not.

Drop alpha 1 access in the 375 and and the 2 day headstart and you have a deal
  • Options
    WMC51WMC51 Member
    They aren't going to add the head start back in at any time. I think they already regret it and its the only valid complaint the P2W people have.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    WMC51 wrote: »
    They aren't going to add the head start back in at any time. I think they already regret it and its the only valid complaint the P2W people have.

That may be true but it’s a very big complaint that we are gong to hear about as more people come find out about this game right up til launch
  • Options
    WMC51WMC51 Member
    Yeah the head start is going to be a huge deal with the node system. Is a normal gare you get a lever or two a head so no big deal but in this you ate shaping the world.

I'm guessing with the time to make nodes higher levels it won't matter much at that point.
  • Options
    WiplasherWiplasher Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
    WMC51 wrote: »
    Yeah the head start is going to be a huge deal with the node system. Is a normal gare you get a lever or two a head so no big deal but in this you ate shaping the world.

I'm guessing with the time to make nodes higher levels it won't matter much at that point.

The headstart period will have a max level cap of 10 (I think thats the right number) and nodes will not be able to start gaining experience until release day.
  • Options
    KohlKohl Member
    CaptnChuck wrote: »

Ouch :(

135$ of that go to game time (9 months), so you pay like 240$, good portion of that will go in cosmetics gold, so all on all, it ain't that bad. It's money you'll eventually spend in-game. But now you give them in chunk.

That being said, you shouldn't feel pressured to buy it, because it does carry certain risks. It's just a name reservation.