Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Node Sieges and Seasons

CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Do you guys feel that 2 hours is pretty short for a node siege? I feel like, considering that a metropolis cannot be attacked for 50 days after a node siege, node sieges should last for at least 4 hours and should ideally take place on weekends, so that almost everyone can participate in it.

Also, another thing is that seasons change every week. I feel like this is too short as well, as it doesn't make the buffs, debuffs and issues associated with every season, meaningful. I feel like seasons should last for around 2.5 to 3 weeks. 4 weeks feels slightly too long, as it may lead to visual burnout.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    I don't think making the event longer is a solution. That will just deter people from doing it at all because it is too lengthy.
  • Options
    phdmonster wrote: »
    I don't think making the event longer is a solution. That will just deter people from doing it at all because it is too lengthy.

For something that has a potential 50 day cd, i feel like it needs to be at least 3 or 4 hours long.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020
    2hrs length isn't the issue.
    The issues are 55 day wait until you can attack a metro again
    It might be a 1-2 hr ride to get to it from your node and then 1-2 ride back
    250 people per side can participate on a 10-50K pop server
  • Options
    CaptnChuck wrote: »

For something that has a potential 50 day cd, i feel like it needs to be at least 3 or 4 hours long.

Okay, so you want it to be longer so less people are willing to sit through the entire siege and have lower cooldown. Although I don't remember it being 50 days, every quote points to next month.
  • Options
    AardvarkAardvark Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited July 2020

Okay, so you want it to be longer so less people are willing to sit through the entire siege and have lower cooldown. Although I don't remember it being 50 days, every quote points to next month.

If it's a metro its 55 days. The wiki tells how long the wait is for each node level
  • Options
    CaptnChuckCaptnChuck Member
    edited July 2020

Why would you not sit through a 3 to 4 hour, 250 vs 250 battle?
  • Options

Why would you not sit through a 3 to 4 hour, 250 vs 250 battle?

Idk, man. Maybe because that's a lot of time for a lot of people to spend in a single day. I'd much prefer if a single siege even if it takes 4 hours as you said, is broken into smaller events throughout a few days - Fight for objective A,B,C etc.
  • Options
    Times for systems like these just need to be experienced to get a better idea. Also you have to take into account the 2 hrs after a successful siege where freeholds will be looted, the travel to and from the node where you could be attacked preemptively or as revenge and giving defenders an achievable length of time to defend for. Too many variables to balance that we are unaware of in regards to nodes/castles such as siege equipment and npcs that just need to be tested instead of just having a feeling it wont work.

Regarding the 55 day wait for a metro, during that time you will most likely need to be building up resources and possibly attacking nodes within its zoi to prepare and make those 2 hrs worth it.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    If the idea is to get more people involved, limiting sieges to 2 hours would have more of an impact that limiting them to weekends - especially when you consider that they will have a specific window in which they will be held.