Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guild Cosmetics, Guild Banners, Guild Furniture, and more!

Anduin KayvaanAnduin Kayvaan Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
edited July 2020 in General Discussion
Firstly I would like to preface this post that I am a backer since the game was first announced but simply did not have the money to buy into the Kickstarter at the time so I am very well versed in announcements and info.

When playing an MMO I always like to see what systems guilds can have to make their guild stand out more instead of just being a club you are in with your friends.
I like having a world that follows the uniqueness of the world we live in. Now it is common practice for nations in today's world to have uniforms but this was not always the case as armor was expensive and people came into battle with mismatched armor and cloth all the time. But it would not be immersion breaking for a high tier guild to unlock uniforms or other indicators for their guild.
Now this is common in most MMOs to slap a tabard over your armor or drape a cloak down your back with your guilds emblem and call it good! These are both great options but I can't shake the feeling that these are too limited in the game that is supposed to be so immersive and so guild friendly that it is supposed to be the game changing MMO. So I have compiled a list of various Guild cosmetics or unlockables that would be interesting to have in the game!

Guild Banners/ Flags
1. So the first and easiest of the additions to the guild arsenal would be that of a Guild standard bearer or flag, this was confirmed to not be a thing in Ashes by Steven because of the belief that the person holding the standard would get bored and eventually want to front line. But going down this line of thought why not put the flags or banners on your halberd, spears, and other pole arm weapons. This would give your guild that unique look of having your banners waving around in battle and could show the might of your group. If someone could flail around with their banner on their flag it could give the person pride in their guild showing their colors. An example to this would be as follows. medieval-flag-on-the-spear-3d-model-low-poly-obj-mtl-3ds-fbx-stl-dae.jpg
banner+paint+small.jpg
5b41f6a3e2c2dc27f1174bf13724437f.jpg
2. The Banners could be given cloth/ cloak physics to move about as would any other piece of cloth.
3. Back banners for your guild banner. This would take the slot of your cape/ cloak, they could come in the form of Asian styled back banners. wb-sam003-1200x1200.jpg
Or in the form of a giant banner on space marines in WH40k.
space-marine-banner-men-comparison-primaris.jpg
4. Place able banners/ flags that be carried and set down as an Roleplay symbol or as a stance against other guilds.

Guild Emblems on Ships.
1. Giving players the ability to buy sails with the guild emblem on them.
2. Guild Flags for the masts on ships or hanging off the back.
3. Guild heraldry on the sides of front of the ship on either side.
4. Guild colors for the ship.
A good example for this would be from Sea of Thieves
SoT_SoF_Key_Art_4k_Branded-2060x1159.jpg

Mount Barding
1. This is already confirmed to be in the game but I would like to see if there would be a wide variety for Guilds to choose from to have various themes such as a more holy paladin look for a holy order, a tattered guild barding for an evil or necromancer guild, etc.
joust-jousting-combat-knight-armor-medieval-lance-armour-horses.jpg
wLMDyIK4jVk.jpg
2. Different barding for guild ranks. So a new member could buy barding and it will just be a simple saddle with a simple guild barding. An officer could have a full tournament barding for their mount and a GM could have a flag attached to the mount to signify they are a leader.
LFJgpj6.jpg
pvphorse.jpg

Guild Member Housing
1. The ability to buy guild furnishing schematics such as Guild flags or banners to put up on or in your freehold or house. Make the banners able to be visible around the world so if we are in a city people can tell if a guild lives in that city.
2. Guild furniture such as chairs, grand meeting tables, and thrones with the emblem on them.
3. Place able guild weapons/ shields/ Armors to put up in your house, freehold, or guild hall.
4. Guild Carpets and rugs.
5. Guild Tapestries.
6. Guild Stained Glass Windows.
IaSwQ18.png

Guild Armor and weapons
1. Unique armor that guild leaders can choose from a variety of themes if not use in game cosmetics/ armors to create a unique full costume for guild members to use if they wish it.
2. A wide variety of Guild cloaks such as over shoulder capes, long back capes, etc.
3. Single pieces so people can represent the guild via certain pieces of armor but still keep the rest of their armor their own style.
4. Various weapons with the emblem on them, polearms and spears could have banners and flags on them as stated above.
5. Guild Emblems on shields.
6. When casters are casting perhaps the guild emblem could appear under them or where they are casting.

Misc. Guild ideas
1. Guild songs that your entire guild could play on instruments.
2. Guild horns that leaders or officers could blow before a battle.

And remember this is just a massive list of ideas and concepts I do not expect all of these to get into the game but I do hope that Intrepid does look over the list and gets inspired by atleast a few things. Please if you would like to add to the list or flesh out ideas I have posted please comment in the comments below!

ckja7ry05gj4.png
Gray Sentinels Guild Recruitment https://tinyurl.com/Gray-Sentinels

Comments

• Options
    @Steven Sharif I hope you get a chance to look this over and get at least some ideas from this list. Appreciate it.
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
  • Options
    So many ideas! :D I bet the game will have a ton of customization anyway which is great. BUT there are many options here that would be neat to see in game. I like the musical ideas and the idea that furniture would have emblems too lol.

There's gonna be SO much furniture needed in this game to fully furnish people's spaces...
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    yes yes yes!
  • Options
    Amist wrote: »
    yes yes yes!

I am a huge Roleplayer so I love the idea of repping your colors and your guild whenever in battle and off it!
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
  • Options
    So many ideas! :D I bet the game will have a ton of customization anyway which is great. BUT there are many options here that would be neat to see in game. I like the musical ideas and the idea that furniture would have emblems too lol.

There's gonna be SO much furniture needed in this game to fully furnish people's spaces...

I do hope that the depth of guilds will truly be something to shadow all of the other systems in other games!
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
  • Options
    I agree. We need more customization if there is gonna be big guild customization in the game.
  • Options
    WMC51WMC51 Member
    Yeah. Im going to have a BDSM guild. Think they will have furniture for it?
  • Options
    beardobeardo Member, Intrepid Pack
    I like that great idea of stained glass windows with the guild symbol. Reminds me of the Dark Brotherhoods guild hall in ESO. esodarkbrotherhoodsigilwindow-88e0d.png
  • Options
    SepiDNSepiDN Member
    I'd love the able to show guild colors in many different places. Armband would prolly be the personal choise for me. Also a visible guild emblem in party menu/next to name perhaps?

LIke all of your ideas to be honest!
  • Options
    SepiDN wrote: »
    I'd love the able to show guild colors in many different places. Armband would prolly be the personal choise for me. Also a visible guild emblem in party menu/next to name perhaps?

Like all of your ideas to be honest!

I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with and hope it is unique compared to others.
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
  • Options
    If we don't have guild sails I will riot.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damm right!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    VforViola wrote: »
    If we don't have guild sails I will riot.

It will be the greatest disappointment if we are unable to fly guild colors!
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
  • Options
    @anduinkayvaan Another way to handle guild standards/banners would be to have special guild emotes that could project the guild's banner overhead in varying degrees of flashiness?
  • Options
    Niraada wrote: »
    @anduinkayvaan Another way to handle guild standards/banners would be to have special guild emotes that could project the guild's banner overhead in varying degrees of flashiness?

That could be a good idea, but I have always like the idea of a literal physical object.
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
  • Options

That could be a good idea, but I have always like the idea of a literal physical object.

That's why you get both. One as an item, another as a massive glowing banner overhead!
  • Options

That's why you get both. One as an item, another as a massive glowing banner overhead!

interesting! It could be a good idea!
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
  • Options
    ZenmaraZenmara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Love it, well thought out and complied. I hope we have as many options for Guild colors/emblems as character creation!

Then we could really spend hours on creating them 🤯🖤🦂
    "The Angel of Death is the Invisible Angel of Life."
  • Options
    Zenmara wrote: »
    Love it, well thought out and complied. I hope we have as many options for Guild colors/emblems as character creation!

Then we could really spend hours on creating them 🤯🖤🦂

The real goal is to have every guild be truly unique so we all have something to be proud of.
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
  • Options
    This is a fantastic list that contains all the guild-friendly RP suggestions I've ever wanted... and then some! I really hope the devs take a look at this post and give it some proper consideration, as pretty much every single request here sounds wonderfully immersive. AoC is shaping up to be a very social-oriented game, so some guild pride would definitely be most welcome by the playerbase.
  • Options
    Meira wrote: »
    This is a fantastic list that contains all the guild-friendly RP suggestions I've ever wanted... and then some! I really hope the devs take a look at this post and give it some proper consideration, as pretty much every single request here sounds wonderfully immersive. AoC is shaping up to be a very social-oriented game, so some guild pride would definitely be most welcome by the playerbase.

I think the best way for guilds to feel like they actually matter is by giving them cosmetics to show off their pride, sure you have guild halls and tabards. But most games have those. By giving players a wide variety of cosmetics and more people can truly represent their guilds and feel they are part of something greater than themselves.
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
  • Options
    I am rather curious if anyone has anything else to add to this list?
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
  • Options
    Kazan TennoKazan Tenno Member, Intrepid Pack
    I really love this list! Everything on it I would love to see in game.

I do have one addition to the banners: As well as wearable like you mentioned, a banner that we can place and leave in the ground. It doesn't have to buff (though that would be cool) and could just be a cosmetic that stays there for like an hour.
    Join us in the Underworld. Join Irkallu.
    Irkallu discord: https://discord.com/invite/CB3ZrnD
    c5eKKDy.png
  • Options
    I really love this list! Everything on it I would love to see in game.

I do have one addition to the banners: As well as wearable like you mentioned, a banner that we can place and leave in the ground. It doesn't have to buff (though that would be cool) and could just be a cosmetic that stays there for like an hour.

That would be an interesting addition. If you have any other ideas post away!
    ckja7ry05gj4.png
  • Options
    I joined to make a list as you did(and some other things), i really like your proposal, i only dislike the asian type of banners and the WH40K ones..... An other thing i want to see ...... Guild emblems should have a huge variaty and an upload option of Guild Master creation! We are a well known group of players in an other mmorpg, awaiting the release of AOC! One of us is a great creator of emblems and all that kind of things! Would be great to have our own emblem on our banners, flags, cloaks, shields, spears, buildings, hauberks etc!
  • Options
    It'd be cool if you were allowed one Back Banner per party of 8, and that banner gave your party a small defensive/offensive boost. Would give Tanks a reason to join in PvP, and non-Tanks a reason to attack them.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    AsgerrAsgerr Member
    edited May 2021
    I love all of the ideas presented in this thread.

I am however still wary of what stupid shit people will put on their banners lol
    Turenore wrote: »
    One of us is a great creator of emblems and all that kind of things! Would be great to have our own emblem on our banners, flags, cloaks, shields, spears, buildings, hauberks etc!

The issue with this, is that whilst you guys will have a badass and fitting design, other people will just upload anime avatars or some dickbutt meme.

I would rather be given an extensive in game creator, than to be able to upload something directly.
    Sig-ult-2.png
  • Options
    Asgerr wrote: »
    I would rather be given an extensive in game creator, than to be able to upload something directly.

Oh yes.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Asgerr wrote: »
    I love all of the ideas presented in this thread.

I am however still wary of what stupid shit people will put on their banners lol
    Turenore wrote: »
    One of us is a great creator of emblems and all that kind of things! Would be great to have our own emblem on our banners, flags, cloaks, shields, spears, buildings, hauberks etc!

The issue with this, is that whilst you guys will have a badass and fitting design, other people will just upload anime avatars or some dickbutt meme.

As part of the pre-launch prep, Guilds could have a six? month window of opportunity to put forward their guild emblems for moderators to approve. This could all be wrapped up with players identifying their guild name and preferred server allocation. If done enough in advance then any errors have time to be corrected.

The simpler method is to just rely on the threat of account bans, which is far more significant for players that have invested $$$ and may allow single month "I got my plums on a flag in AoC" offenders a cheap thrill for $15.
    Forum_Signature.png
  • Options
    @Anduin Kayvaan
    The only thing I could think to add would be a designated "standard bearer"; someone elected by a group of at least 20? players to be a focal point to help them coordinate their combat activities. I'm thinking that allowing smaller groups with standard bearers would congest the battlefield too much. As to whether there is a personal penalty for carrying a standard and an associated group benefit, I don't know, that seems like a good idea but a change to the current plan.
    Forum_Signature.png