Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Economic Nodes will not require Caravans between it and its vassals.

ziltchziltch Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
So, as title says, how does people feel about this?
The fact that the auction house in a Economic Node will allow you to buy things at a distance from vassal nodes without needing to go pick it up. (As mentioned in the stream today 31th July 2020)

Personally I do not like it, I can see how it is a "reward" for getting a Economic Node up to higher stages, but it completely removes any risks with transportation, and kind of goes against their early statement of "No global AH".
But it's true, it will at most only be 1/5th of a global sized one.
(And yeah, one can Siege a Economic Node if one does not like it but that is not the point of discussion.)

So what are your thoughts about this? Good? Bad?

Edit: Links to where this was specified.
Also changed text from "Economic Metro" to "Economic Node" as it works like that as long as it has vassals.
Link that talks about how AH links up to vassals:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/696369290?t=01h34m12s
Link that confirms no travel needed to pick up items:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/696369290?t=01h36m10s

Edit2: Steven has confirmed that he worded it badly. You will have to go get it as long as its not a finished product (crafted)
The simplest yet hardest stat to train is Willpower.

Comments

• Options
    You can look at it like this: Eco Metro (or Mecro) gives you access to less risky transaction. However, that risk doesn't disappear. Instead, sieges suddenly become a LOT more lucrative when targeting a Mecro, since so many more people would do their transactions over there. It's a neat payoff I think.
  • Options
    i like the idea personally, a metropolis should feel special compared to the nodes around it and putting an auction house will make the node very special
  • Options
    LethalityLethality Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I believe thats only within the area of influence of that metro. Not all over the world.

I don't prefer it either, but it might not be terrible.
    World Class Indoorsman
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    You need Caravans for more than just transporting things. You have "npc" trade between nodes that generate money and friendship, they are looking into how to give processing more weight, one idea they threw around was making caravans spawned by a really good processor having a chance to upgrade some of the materials you are transporting and so on.
    So first you need to look at all the features tied in into it and they are keeping it in mind as outlined with processing.
    Also auctionhouse will simply be more expansive at some point of mass that you buy
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    ziltchziltch Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Edited some of the original post text as it goes for all economic nodes with vassals, not just Metros.
    The simplest yet hardest stat to train is Willpower.