Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

New to fourms but watching stream and wanted to put one of my ideas here.

(Also not sure if this is the right location to put this but hopefully it is)

I saw the dungeon and was in Awe, It reminds me of things that me and my friends had talked about wanting. However my question is: Will there be "Instanced" Dungeons as well?

One thing me and a few friends had talked about with a game in this style would be having an open world dungeon where once you reach the 50th floor for example, There is a door to go to the 51st floor but there is also a huge pile of Volcanic stone that miners of high level could mine away at over the course of 2 weeks for example. After which you would see the stones fall away and an instance portal be exposed with a limited time Raid for Lore reasons (Eg. 50 kills on a dragon and it is considered effectively 'Dead' and can no longer be killed and the instance portal fades away leaving behind an empty cavern. with the dynamic evolution of how your world works i think this would be a good way to integrate instances if they dont exist already. But again this is just my opinion. Love the live streams keep up the great work.

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Welcome to the forums
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    WiplasherWiplasher Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty
    Treuburch wrote: »
    (Also not sure if this is the right location to put this but hopefully it is)

I saw the dungeon and was in Awe, It reminds me of things that me and my friends had talked about wanting. However my question is: Will there be "Instanced" Dungeons as well?

One thing me and a few friends had talked about with a game in this style would be having an open world dungeon where once you reach the 50th floor for example, There is a door to go to the 51st floor but there is also a huge pile of Volcanic stone that miners of high level could mine away at over the course of 2 weeks for example. After which you would see the stones fall away and an instance portal be exposed with a limited time Raid for Lore reasons (Eg. 50 kills on a dragon and it is considered effectively 'Dead' and can no longer be killed and the instance portal fades away leaving behind an empty cavern. with the dynamic evolution of how your world works i think this would be a good way to integrate instances if they dont exist already. But again this is just my opinion. Love the live streams keep up the great work.

There are instanced dungeons. https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Instancing

80/20 split. 80% open world, 20% instanced.