Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Different Styles of Summoning

Hi, first post here. Just wondering if there will be different styles of summoning or if the decision for having max 3 summons is final. My favorite archetype of summoning is swarming the opponent with lots and lots of different types of smaller summons, rather than a few big ones, so curious if that style will be possible or not. And if other people would also like something like that or if everyone likes the 3 summon limit

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    right now we have almost no info on the summoner so its hard to say with any certainty
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Summoners can summon up to three Summons.
    Abilities from the summon appear on the summoner's hotbar.
    Summoner has control over their summon.
    Summoners can summon Tank, DPS or Support summons.
    Summons will exist until another summon is cast, the summon is killed, or the summoner logs off.
    Summoners will likely not be able to fuse with their summons (eidolons).
    Summons can be leveled through the application of skill points to their active skill.
    Summons will be able to use crowd control (CC).

This is what im posting in regards to. Since it says that summoner can have max of 3 summons
  • Options
    I see. well I guess the style would be based on your subclass
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Yea but i assume the max limit of summons applies to all classes you build with summoner, which is what makes me a bit sad if its true
  • Options
    Hurtmei wrote: »
    Yea but i assume the max limit of summons applies to all classes you build with summoner, which is what makes me a bit sad if its true

Agreed. Shame we can't add cosmetics to summons ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    I mean they will be different kinds of summons depending on what class you are, so thats something.
  • Options
    I mean they will be different kinds of summons depending on what class you are, so thats something.

so that's 24 different summons if I'm right. if every class has three summon types with eight different subtypes.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    From what i know all archetypes have 4 different schools, and 1 summoner school will likely have different types of summons aswell, so lets say there are 3 different kinds in every school (but likely more) and then there are 8 different classes each with their own 4 schools that will probably change what type of summon it is. So i think it will be alot more than 24 ^^
  • Options
    This is why I want more info on the summoner, its just so existing
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

Agreed. Shame we can't add cosmetics to summons ^^

Maybe not costumes but I thought they were floating the idea of being able to customize summons a bit.

According to the Wiki

"Summon appearance
    A summon's appearance is determined by in-game choices.[21]

Class specific appearance.[21]
    For example: Summoner/Rogue (Shadowmancer) may have shadow summons.
    Race specific appearance.[21][22]
    Summoners can change the appearance of their summons.[10]

Through in-game items.[10]
    Through cosmetics that will be offered.[10]
    Potentially through a summon creation suite, based on the Animal husbandry system.[23]
    "

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Summoner
    signature.png
  • Options
    Summoners can summon up to three Summons.
    Abilities from the summon appear on the summoner's hotbar.
    Summoner has control over their summon.
    Summoners can summon Tank, DPS or Support summons.
    Summons will exist until another summon is cast, the summon is killed, or the summoner logs off.
    Summoners will likely not be able to fuse with their summons (eidolons).
    Summons can be leveled through the application of skill points to their active skill.
    Summons will be able to use crowd control (CC).

This is what im posting in regards to. Since it says that summoner can have max of 3 summons

Oh the fusing with your summons I hadn't thought of. Would work better with some than others depending on what you can summon.

What about being able to fuse all your summons together into a single, super pet?

isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • Options
    Need more information on the 64 classes. So that a comprehensive system could be created around their average values. Yet like most, I can only speculate of what has been given. Try on the next AMA.