Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Alpha 2 customer QA testing preferences?

I work in QA as a profession and as nerdy as this sounds when Alpha 2 comes out I really want to volunteer some time QAing the game. Based on this I have a few questions.

1. As far as customers go, do you want more of a shallow testing method, such as if we find a small visual bug we can easily explain it and submit it, or are you wanting or care if we do more of a deep dive into searching for more complicated bugs?

2. If deeper bugs are something you are ok with us looking for and submitting, what specifically are the Devs looking for in a bug ticket that they find most helpful? For instance what information do you want, reproduction steps, screenshots, videos, hardware information?

3. If you do want some customer QA, can we have any forum posts from Devs when new or changed items have been added to the game they want us to focus on?

4. If I'm being a bit to crazy about this, please feel free to ignore this post . :)

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you don't have an alpha pack then you're not going to be able to test, its that simple
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nate8282Nate8282 Member
    edited July 2020
    I'm not asking for a free alpha, I've paid for a pack. I'm simply asking how I can help QA and if that's something that's even wanted in an unofficial capacity.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nate8282 wrote: »
    I'm not asking for a free alpha, I've paid for a pack. I'm simply asking how I can help QA and if that's something that's even wanted.

You can Q and A whenever you want, you do not need official permission. You could become a content creator and do Q and A too. There are many avenues and options. Just remember that the NDA will lift though so many questions will be answered by In Game Footage at that point.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nate8282 wrote: »
    I'm not asking for a free alpha, I've paid for a pack. I'm simply asking how I can help QA and if that's something that's even wanted.

I see. I do apologies about jumping to conclusions. About testing they do have a good testing system in place already from what I can tell (alpha 0 and BR) but I can see them increasing it in the future so maybe
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace