Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Gathering Vein type resources

DrukalnnDrukalnn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
So, during the developer update today, Steven touched on gathering resources from a "vein" of resources and how other players can tap that vein in order to harvest resources as well until it's depleted. Does this mean that if you were to find a vein of a certain resource, you would be able to deplete it entirely yourself or would you be limited to a certain amount of harvests before that vein becomes locked to you?

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Drukalnn wrote: »
    So, during the developer update today, Steven touched on gathering resources from a "vein" of resources and how other players can tap that vein in order to harvest resources as well until it's depleted. Does this mean that if you were to find a vein of a certain resource, you would be able to deplete it entirely yourself or would you be limited to a certain amount of harvests before that vein becomes locked to you?

I would guess it has such a high amount that one player would take ages to mine it all
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    LethalityLethality Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    My guess would be if you can somehow keep it a secret, and fend off other intruders who might come to take some of it, you can get it all for yourself :) I would not expect an artificial "you get a max of 6 hits" etc.
    World Class Indoorsman
  • Options
    lethality wrote: »
    My guess would be if you can somehow keep it a secret, and fend off other intruders who might come to take some of it, you can get it all for yourself :) I would not expect an artificial "you get a max of 6 hits" etc.

Yeah that would be my guess, too.
  • Options
    Half Tilt GamerHalf Tilt Gamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Further to this, how will multi-boxing be managed around these types of resources?
    Find me on Youtube and Twitch as Half Tilt Gamer!
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Further to this, how will multi-boxing be managed around these types of resources?

you just had to bring it in didn't you
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Half Tilt GamerHalf Tilt Gamer Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nagash wrote: »

Well yeah... I should've posted it 5 times though
    Find me on Youtube and Twitch as Half Tilt Gamer!
  • Options

Okay that was funny
  • Options
    GodsThesisGodsThesis Member
    edited July 2020

how will multi-boxing be managed around these types of resources?

Don't worry bro I got your back.