Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Engineering Class

Hello,

I wanted to bring up the idea of an engineering class for the game. I believe a game such as this has all the aspects that could make such a class realistic in the world and also very fun.

If we look at the "science node" as a starting point, this part of the lore could add to engineering abilities such as: Turrets, Grenades, Elixirs, Nets, Bombs, etc. If I am not mistaken, guns are already a weapon in design, thus could be the engineer's main weapon type.

The Dwarf race is also a go to for a class such as this. I know classes will not be race specific, but the simple fact that there is a dwarf race and dwarfs are notoriously creative in most fantasy worlds, I feel this could work.

I like the think it would be something similar to the engineer class from Warhammer Online. The fact that there are castle defenses and sieges would fit perfect with a class like this. Additionally since you can even build siege equipment as a profession, it would be something many engineers might pick up.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? I can expand the discussion even more if people think something like this would be fun/wanted.

So excited to get into this game!

-Fletch

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They said a while back that they didn't want any black powder weapons so I would say its unlikely yet we had the potion launcher in APOC so I have no idea anymore.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • They wanted this game to be purely medieval fantasy, and to not have any gunpowder. They believed the potion launcher to be an exception because its purely magic and alchemy based.
  • Ahhh okay. That makes sense. I guess I was just confused on what aspects of "Science" would be included in the science node. So the gun that i've seen in the videos is just a launcher of some sort?
  • akatosh wrote: »
    They wanted this game to be purely medieval fantasy, and to not have any gunpowder. They believed the potion launcher to be an exception because its purely magic and alchemy based.

Not to be a History Nazi but black power showed up in Europe around the 13th century and the middle ages didn't end until 15th.

WAR and Warhammer had/have guns, and they worked for the those games but I for one am glad they are not going in that direction.
    isFikWd2_o.jpg
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    akatosh wrote: »
    They wanted this game to be purely medieval fantasy, and to not have any gunpowder. They believed the potion launcher to be an exception because its purely magic and alchemy based.

Not to be a History Nazi but black power showed up in Europe around the 13th century and the middle ages didn't end until 15th.

WAR and Warhammer had/have guns, and they worked for the those games but I for one am glad they are not going in that direction.

RATLING GUNS!!!!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • PlagueMonkPlagueMonk Member
    edited August 2020
    Nagash wrote: »
    PlagueMonk wrote: »
    akatosh wrote: »

RATLING GUNS!!!!

Bad memories of those I take it so they are stuck in you're mind. That's how we Skaven work >:)

While I can appreciate the many technological accomplishments of my Skyre brothers, I much prefer the ways of Pestilens or Eshin...long live The Great Horned Rat! Queek!
    isFikWd2_o.jpg