Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Level up animation

Hi,

I used to play a game called Asherons Call and the level up animation was a giant rainbow of colors with a unique sound. One thing I have noticed with other games is the level up animation sort of blends in with other spell animations that may be going on at the time.

I liked the animation that was shown today in the July Uodate. How will it ensure that it differentiates itself from other spell animations/sounds and is not drown out in the background?

I also thing this is a very special feeling and important feature to emphasize.

ilxr

Comments

• Options
    Nate8282Nate8282 Member
    edited July 2020
    Interesting enough they just talked about this on the twitch live stream. Steven Sharif mentioned something similar to your comment about how he liked more grand leveling animations. I've attached a gif to what they have so far. He did mention this will most likely be improved or changed in the future, the full video link is bellow.
    https://i.imgur.com/tHpmfwj.gif

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/696369290?t=1h6m0s
  • Options
    Dakar1425Dakar1425 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    One thing that I think will really elevate and complement the animation will be the sound effect played during level up so I can't wait to see that. Of all the level ups across the games I have played, the one that sticks out the most in my mind to this day is City of Heroes. The sound mixed with the animations really made the level ups impactful and epic.
  • Options
    I agree that the sound effect will make or break the level up animation. I like where they're going with it though. The only think that's missing is a colossal hand that reaches down from the heavens and gives you a sick hi5.
  • Options
    I was honestly underwhelmed with the levelling animation they showed last week. I understand it is still in alpha and there is room for it to change so I won't judge it too harshly. An animation of more impact is definitely something I enjoy though, like the one from ESO