Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Economic Node Superpower - "Linked Economy"

I have always enjoyed the economy aspect of MMOs, and will probably take up citizenship in an Economic Node (still considering the Scientific Node).

After today's live stream I decided to re-read Economic Node from the Node Series.

Regarding this:
"Economic Nodes that have reached the Metropolis Stage unlock the Superpower “Linked Economy”. Any Economic Node with this Superpower unlocked shares Auction House listings with all the others, meaning that the items listed in one Linked Economy Node can be bid on from any other Linked Economy Node."

What if there is only one Metropolis Economic Node, and thus, only one "Linked Economy Node?" Would this mean that the node's superpower is effectively moot because there are not any "other Linked Economy Nodes" to link with?

If that is the case, it seems like this may eliminate the Superpower benefit of a solo economic node and dampen enthusiasm for Economic nodes in general, especially early in the game.

Comments

• When a node grows, it links to all surrounding nodes, limiting their growth and making them effectively vassals. What this means is that if you are citizen of a vassal city, you can access the auction house of the governing node.

At least that's my understanding. Please correct me if i'm wrong.