Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Latest Dev thoughts on Melee stuck-in-place animations

RelhazRelhaz Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Hello,

I've watched the latest couple gameplay videos from the twitch streams and during those at various points Steven mentioned wanting to err on the side of classes being mobile and flowing well. It looks like in the videos though that the melee hits are still rooting the characters in place. There's a little bit of movement in some of them but they look like part of the animation rather than controlled movements. I personally hate stuck in place animations (is there an official term for them?) and feel like it really goes against wanting classes to feel fluid and mobile.

Have they said anything about changing this or maybe I'm just interpreting what I see wrong?

Thanks,
Relhaz

Comments

• Options
    They keep mentioning it in every interview/blog/vlog/thread.
    The current state is pre-alpha, and all the footage is a subject for change, especially the animations, fluidity and all the combat related stuff. They work to make the core systems work first, after that they polish them and make them feel and look fluid, so dont expect a miracle before Betas i would assume.
  • Options
    Over1anderOver1ander Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You'll definitely get movement while using skills unless hard channeling towards release.
  • Options
    For sure they have plenty of time. Not worried about it was just curious