Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Arachnids in the game

So i was watching the last stream and at the end they were talking about the spiders.
This was the moment i had to close the stream and take a break for myself.
I am a huge Arachnophobe and I'm sure there will be others.

I cant play certain games because of spiders. I always look for a way to mod them out so i can still play the games. I got a huge panic attack back when i first played Skryim because of the huge spiders they have.
Now i always mod them out so i can at least play that game.

My question now is if its possible to avoid these spiders as a player or to somehow change them so it wont trigger a panic attack.

I have huge respect for the devs of this game and i really want to play it. I just hope this wont be a reason for me to skip this game.

Comments

• Options
    SamsonSamson Member
    edited August 2020
    Spiders are a pretty popular mob across the MMO community. If it's that big of an issue for you, I'm sure you can do a little research before playing the game and figure out which areas or dungeons you should try to avoid.

But... I guarantee that spiders are going to be pretty common animals in the game and people are going to have them as mounts and or pets. So it might be pretty difficult to avoid them altogether when playing the game.
    sig-Samson-Final.gif
  • Options
    SepiDNSepiDN Member
    edited August 2020
    The new game that just released on steam "Grounded" or w/e it is has arachnophobia mode. It's quite common phobia so maybe it could be implemented here as well? There's colorblind modes as well so maybe worth a shot!
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Satisfactory was the first game I ever played with "Arachnophobia" mode. They replace the spiders with pictures of cats. I can say this as a true arachnophobe. It don't help. Spiders are always terrifying, even with cats faces covering them. I know what they really are, the way they move, and jump at you. It freaks my shit out. I also love cats, so I just end up playing with arachnophobia mode off. I don't want to beat cats heads in with a electric stick all day. Best bet is to just suck it up and deal with them. You never know when a spider is going to creep its way onto your screen. It is a extremely common mob. Asking the devs to censor them is a bit of a extreme request.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I can't imagine the game not having spiders...but I'm sure if there is a need for it then either the devs or the community can make some kind of optional patch for this stuff. If not then avoiding spider areas by doing prior research would be the best option.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    To face your fear you must kill what causes it
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    I'm just happy there aren't a lot of clowns in fantasy games
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Crowley wrote: »
    I'm just happy there aren't a lot of clowns in fantasy games

Agreed. Nothing is as scary as clowns
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    I kinda agree on this, I'm not super scared of spidies but during the update I was like "holy shit they made um nasty lookin", then they showed um getting beat up and I was like " ya! They ain't so tough" hopefully they limit them to certain parts of the world that can be avoided, but also giant spiders are a must in a fantasy Mmo. They are the nastiest spidies I have ever seen tho, they have teeth ffs!