Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Future company decisions

Just a little off topic here:

With Tencent swallowing up shares of almost every game in the gaming industry, I'm worried about a single company owning everything. One of my favourite games Warframe, is almost done getting acquired by them too. I hope AoC will be a sanctuary where it is untouched by any board and own by Steven alone in his lifetime.

South East Asia/Oceania server discord: https://discord.gg/J4Epj77

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    IS doesn't have shares to my knowledge. Tried to look into investment opportunities for IS a while ago. Found no shares to buy. If the trajectory remains the same then IS can't be bought out by anyone unless Steven wants to sell.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • You only get shares if you go public, afaik. So, as long as you don't do that, there can't be a buyout.
    And I really hope it doesn't happen.
    Chinese culture is way too different
  • bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Steven put his own 30million to fund the company. I don't think he would sell it for anything.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Well he's making the game to have a game out there that matches his dream game. So it's likely he won't sell anytime soon.
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East
  • BondBond Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    You can 100% buy shares before a company goes public, you just buy shares privately. This is how most companies fundraise prior to IPO.
  • BondBond Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    Whether or not this happens will be very context-driven, so any decision would need to be made by Steven in light of the events happening at the time. Comes down to what his personal cost/benefit would be when any such opportune window opens. Very premature to speculate now tbh.