Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How I Think You Should Become Mayor in Sach Node Type

Here's my thoughts on how each node could handle a person or small group of people obtaining mayoral status.

Scientific Node: Democracy - I think the current system in place works just fine where the citizens of the node vote for the next mayor.

Economic Node: Oligarchy - I like the current system in place where citizens can essentially obtain power by using coin.

Military Node: Dictatorship - I think the ruler of military nodes should be decided by war. Each citizen of a military node would have the ability to create an army. An army can be joined by other citizens to strengthen it. There's a soft cap on how many armies there can be and how many people can be in one army since only citizens of that military node can participate. Citizens can also choose not to participate by not joining or creating an army.

The war would take place in a large instanced battleground with varying terrain. Similar to a battle Royale, there would be a death circle to draw armies closer to promote fighting.

The objective for each army would simply be to destroy other armies to gain power. In other words the last army standing wins. Mayoral status would be awarded to whoever does the best in combat on the winning army. Others who fought on the winning army would receive buffs. If there is a draw everyone respawns and the armies must fight again. Armor and weapons do not regain durability after the first battle, so its possible to respawn with damaged gear. If there's only one army then a war doesn't initiate. There'd be a cooldown period between wars.

Divine Node: Theocracy - I think the citizen most devoted to a religion should be awarded mayoral status. I'm unsure exactly how religion is going to work in game, but my idea is whoever has progressed the farthest in a religion within a node gets awarded with mayoral status and buffs to anything related to religion like passive/active skills, xp boosts, etc. Other citizens who are top 5, top 10, and top 20 in religious progression within a node are rewarded with buffs too. The buffs do stack so someone who is rank 6 in religious progression in a node would receive the top 10 and top 20 buffs but not the top 5 or top 1 buffs. Which religion you worship won't matter as it'll only be dependent on which religion you progressed the farthest in.

Be sure to let me know what you guys think about these ideas. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    That is kind of how it is anyway.

Military nodes are a FFA arena. Your friends can fight on your side, making your "army". There are no buffs for the winning side, but there shouldn't be.

Religious node leadership goes to the devoted, which in this case if the player that does the most religious tasks/quests.
  • Options
    Military Nodes are the Black Panther FFA. Rawr
    zZJyoEK.gif

U.S. East